Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it to Scarva today, but the Protestant Mardi Gras is on my radar for next year.

Letter: Scarva is rapidly becoming a carnival, a Protestant Mardi Gras (msn.com)

I actually have sympathy for some of the points expressed by Mr Maxwell, but don't think it's as clear cut as he makes out, and also reckon he should be grateful for the 13th as it is - a deep and meaningful spectacle which captures the hearts and minds of all who attend.  I'm sure it attends over 100,000 every year.... WOW!

More fulfilling than the junk food that grabs our attention, the stories build character. They keep us lean and healthy, and they last! Scarva has so much to teach us, but it’s a diet of ‘sweet and sour’. Does it still make a contribution to our faith, our history, and our culture? We need to turn a light on that and see if we can still make a case. Esther, Samson, David, and Gideon, speak to us from the banners, and sound a warning. They have a message, listen carefully.

Today's modern Christian doesn't think he needs God. He thinks he's got it made. He's got his hi-fi! His boob tube! And his instant pizza pie.

8 hours ago, muirkirk nil said:

K unts are everywhere.

What a bunch of mutants, Imagine takin yer wee drum on holiday. Sad, sad individuals. We need a targeted plague.

4 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

What a bunch of mutants, Imagine takin yer wee drum on holiday. Sad, sad individuals. We need a targeted plague.

Imagine tryiing to export ethnoreligous nationalist nonsense to the eastern Mediterranean 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

12 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Its quite common for people in the North to book a holiday away this week to escape this shit show, must be rather bemusing  if you have booked around there.

Edited by gannonball

Just now, gannonball said:

Its quite common for people in the North to book a holiday away this week to escape this shit show, must be rather bemusing  if you have booked around there.

When I was young TITP was always on this weekend and I avoided it due to being out my tree in a field, miles from civilization. Sounds like where these mutants should be.

8 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Staunchosaurus Rex

Fitting seeing that the OO etc are stuck in pre historic times. That was still funny though.

13 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

Wow, yesterday was some day.  The people of Loughbrickland and surrounding areas came out in fantastic numbers to see us commemorate the squashing of the Jacobite uprising, securing us freedom, democracy and liberty.

There was a Presbyterian minister in the lodge I paraded with and I can only assume his congregation was unaware, as according to @Wee Bully any OO members in Churches "get chased".  He must keep his lodge membership secret from his parishoners 😁

One wonders how he slipped through the net when doing his theological studies? 😁

Fantastic turnout from brothers, sisters, bandsmen and bandswomen.  I was told by a bandsman, from Newry of all places, that there is a renewed sense of vigour amongst the band community.

"Lots of young yins are joining the bands and lodges here!" he exclaimed as he deftly straightened his peak hat.  "Keep 'er lit!"

God loves a tryer and they dont try harder than DiamondDan.

Is there a "things that didn't actually happen" thread ???

13 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

Wow, yesterday was some day.  The people of Loughbrickland and surrounding areas came out in fantastic numbers to see us commemorate the squashing of the Jacobite uprising, securing us freedom, democracy and liberty.

There's one P&Ber I know of that has repeatedly opined the utterly bizarre notion that the Williamite War had anything to do with democracy (centuries before democracy was ever a thing in the British Isles), and that's the dearly departed @The_Kincardine, who was emptied a couple of weeks before you joined the site. Any relation?

11 hours ago, muirkirk nil said:

K unts are everywhere.

f**k me I genuinely despair at some of the brain washing Neanderthals pretending to be parents in this country. That is one of the most embarrassing things I have ever seen. I hope every one of them are ashamed of that. 

57 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

There's one P&Ber I know of that has repeatedly opined the utterly bizarre notion that the Williamite War had anything to do with democracy (centuries before democracy was ever a thing in the British Isles), and that's the dearly departed @The_Kincardine, who was emptied a couple of weeks before you joined the site. Any relation?

I always thought you couldn't tag banned posters. 

I she still active? 

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

f**k me I genuinely despair at some of the brain washing Neanderthals pretending to be parents in this country. That is one of the most embarrassing things I have ever seen. I hope every one of them are ashamed of that. 

It's all aboot the fitba 😄