Looking for fans to preview SPFL First Division clubs season ahead

scotzine

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That statement is absolutely tremendous. I've read it about six or seven times. I'm not sure what the best thing about it is - the wild tonal gear change in paragraph four, the three uses of the word "scumbags", the phrase "sad lil prcks", opening a paragraph with "And what of the haters?" - but I'm glad to see the site's packed in.

Andy Muirhead marked his card 10 years ago when he joined Pie and Bovril to promote his website and fanzine and immediately came across as aggressive, petty and bad mannered. He had a desperate need to be proven right and to get the last word in. He's no different now. He blocked me on Twitter after I posted a link to this thread saying something like "it showed the man that I am".

I can't condone the threats towards his wife of course - whatever your problems are with Muirhead, his family has nothing to do with them- but I imagine he's embellished the truth somewhat in order to see himself reach martyrdom: another blogger lost to the "Sevco hoards".

A horrible guy and he won't be missed.

:lol:

"The haters mean nothing to me". Yet the mere mention of the haters seem to have changed him from a calm, composed author giving an understandable reason for stopping his site into a complete madman who then spends another 5 paragraphs talking about how much the haters mean nothing to him. We're all convinced, I'm sure.

7 minutes ago, Swarley said:

I'm old enough to remember the Scotzine v The Away End episode. Have the old threads been lost?

Yes. I'm sure they were on the General Nonsense forum from around 2006. Scotzine, an obnoxious, argumentative newcomer versus The Arch, amiable and beloved by all. There was only ever going to be one winner.

I think the 'zine will come back at some point. If I know big Andy Muirhead like I think he do he won't be able to stay quiet, not when you've got a reasonably well-known platform with 10,000+ followers on Twitter. He'll be reading social media and lolling in the positive comments, like Frank Reynolds hiding in a leather coach.

I would love to be able to get my hands on the scumbags who think they are hard men by bullying women, but given they hide behind their anonymity while sending out their poisonous hatred not much can be done about them – even though I would have taken great pleasure in breaking their legs.  I would love to be able to get my hands on the scumbags who think they are hard men by bullying women, but given they hide behind their anonymity while sending out their poisonous hatred not much can be done about them – even though I would have taken great pleasure in breaking their legs. 

Heads Gone

Tbf I quite liked reading the Scotzine blog from time to time and it's always said to see a guy's family get threats from the scum of the earth. Will miss reading the articles on the website but the guy who wrote them sounds from what I've seen on this thread and Twitter as a bit of a bawbag.

If you want to read another blog....

Really baffling to figure out how a guy who spent 8 hours a day, every day, for five years, hurling abuse at anyone who asked him a question, ended up on the end of abuse, tbh.

Archived