Ryder Cup 2014

Jamie_B

Some people questioned the choice but McGinley has been an outstanding Captain. Every time you listen to him you can tell how much he's put into it and how seriously he takes the role.

The longer Faldo remains the last losing Captain the better. B)

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The points say it all he was rotten this week, that's why Mcginley didn't play him. Mickleson may be one of the best players in history but he's been crap this season. Right I get that he's a Scottish golfer but he was a complete nonentity this week, didn't put a single point on the board so how can anyone say he contributed anything?

Are you seriously criticising a guy for losing when -4 through 16, to a guy who was heading for something in the region of a 63?

Fucking hell.

The points say it all he was rotten this week, that's why Mcginley didn't play him. Mickleson may be one of the best players in history but he's been crap this season. Right I get that he's a Scottish golfer but he was a complete nonentity this week, didn't put a single point on the board so how can anyone say he contributed anything?

So he's a rotten golfer that was -3 for 17 holes?

G-Mac won his match 2 and 1, and was -3 after 17 holes - must be a rotten golfer.

Why not have a dig at Thomas Bjorn then? He got a solitary half point, which he gained by him and Kaymer throwing away a win on Friday morning. Or Poulter, who has so far contributed half a point (it may change), in a pairing where the World Number one had to keep him in it. Guess who was Gallacher's partner in his only other game this week?

Nobody is saying Gallacher was a star this week, but to single him out as the only guy who wasn't "a hero" is ridiculous.

How many points did he win? Just think there were better uses of the captains pick and his lack of a contribution proved that right. Anyway delighted Europe won and it was a great tournament.

Who else of the available players wouldn't have lost to Mickelson in that form today?

A track record?lol. I wish I could comment on your track record but I have no idea who you are.Calm yer pants are you his cousin or something? If you honestly consider him to have contributed something here then forgive me but I just don't see it.

I don't think anyone can say that he contributed any points (cos he didn't) but to single him out of the team as a rotten golfer, when he put in the same score today as Graeme McDowell, is out of line.

McDowell (-3) beat Spieth (E) 2&1
Stenson (-4) lost to Reed (-3) by 1 hole
McIlroy (- 8 ) beat Fowler (E) 5&4
Rose (-7) halved with Mahan (-5)
Gallacher (-3) lost to Mickelson (-6) 3&1
Kaymer (-5) beat Watson (E) 4&2
Bjorn (-1) lost to Kuchar (-6) 4&3

Garcia (-6) beat Furyk (-4) by 1 hole

Poulter (-3) halved with Simpson (-2)

Donaldson (-5) beat Bradley (E) 4&3

Westwood (-4) lost to Walker (-7) 3&2

after 15 Dubuisson is level and Johnson -1 so with 2 par 5's chances are everyone will finish par or better.

I'm not saying he's a rotten golfer he obviously isn't, just saying he can hardly be considered a Ryder cup hero more out of his depth at that level and one day I'd love to be proven wrong with him winning a major or something, but as it stands he was the weak link in the European team. Even the sky commentator interviewing Ian poulter agreed lol.

:blink:

I would go as far to say Gallacher offered as much to the team as Poulter did. Now, obviously, points are important, but they way Gallacher played I am more than certain he would have picked up some points if it wasn't for the fact he was playing Mickelson.

Archived