Car advice

Not that it still annoys me or anything......but car passed its MOT today.

That's third MOT and servicing since Macklin Motors told me I needed to change all the brake sets on a 2 year old car that hadn't even done 9k miles - which I obviously didn't do.

Shysters!

Edited by PWL

1 minute ago, PWL said:

That's third MOT and servicing since Macklin Motors told me I needed to change all the break sets on a 2 year old car that hadn't even done 9k miles - which I obviously didn't do.

Shysters!

Lucky brake for you.

34 minutes ago, PWL said:

That's third MOT and servicing since Macklin Motors told me I needed to change all the brake sets on a 2 year old car that hadn't even done 9k miles - which I obviously didn't do.

Shysters!

Let me borrow it and it'll be a write off within 45 miles.

The wife is in a panic. Her car apparently isn't going into gear easily, and keeps sticking. And as she is away, our normal garage is a no go. She doesn't want to drive it home till it is fixed. 

Her pal is recommending a garage near her to look at it, but I have no clue if they are any good, or rip off merchants, or actual good guys. 

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

The wife is in a panic. Her car apparently isn't going into gear easily, and keeps sticking. And as she is away, our normal garage is a no go. She doesn't want to drive it home till it is fixed. 

Her pal is recommending a garage near her to look at it, but I have no clue if they are any good, or rip off merchants, or actual good guys. 

Can of Coke under the clutch pedal?

What's the gear change like with the engine off?

59 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

What's the gear change like with the engine off?

Literally what I asked her. If she were here we'd have this sorted by now. At times she imagines problems with the car that don't really exist. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looking to get 6 tyres fitted (4 on one car and 2 on the other) how much should I be looking at to get a local company to fit these, balance and dispose of the old ones if I supplied the tyres?

23 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Looking to get 6 tyres fitted (4 on one car and 2 on the other) how much should I be looking at to get a local company to fit these, balance and dispose of the old ones if I supplied the tyres?

Get an online quote from blackcircles, then another from national tyres, that'll give you an idea of what £ to expect.

Just now, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Get an online quote from blackcircles, then another from national tyres, that'll give you an idea of what £ to expect.

Black circles were £200 more for the exact same tyres so I imagine I can get them fitted for cheaper.