Car advice

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Only the second best? 

Grim though. Feels like money evaporates on stuff like that. 

Chris Kane is still better although less reliable than worn out brakes

Aye just as well it’s a new month on the credit card a kicker all the same. 

For a long time I’ve used NFU. Don’t have to be a farmer. You get grilled on how many guns and shotgun cases you plan to carry but always found them very cheap and with really good service. They’ll even insure your black lab to drive your Land Rover. 

10 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

For a long time I’ve used NFU. Don’t have to be a farmer. You get grilled on how many guns and shotgun cases you plan to carry but always found them very cheap and with really good service. They’ll even insure your black lab to drive your Land Rover. 

I'd feel safer with it driving than you.

18 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Can anyone tell me what the middle button here is for? 

Renault Kangoo van.

20240814_091049.thumb.jpg.54ce45b2b64c7cc6108e0475a96ef439.jpg

It recirculates the cabin air rather than drawing in fresh. 

If you’ve a problem with misting up in the winter it’ll help by recirculating the ever drying air rather than drawing in fresh moist air that needs to be dried out. 

Also useful when passing the honking landfill site at Polmont on the M9. Hit it adequately before and it’ll stop the methane pong from offending your nostrils. 

On 08/08/2024 at 21:54, Shandon Par said:

Seconded .

19 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

If you’ve a problem with misting up in the winter it’ll help by recirculating the ever drying air rather than drawing in fresh moist air that needs to be dried out. 

Also useful when passing the honking landfill site at Polmont on the M9. Hit it adequately before and it’ll stop the methane pong from offending your nostrils. 

Thank you - familiar with the action, just never seen that symbol before.

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Fires the nuclear weapons.

Having to endure driving among the glut of Aygo/C1/other tiny car drivers in FK5 every day, this would be a far more useful option.

7 hours ago, alta-pete said:

6 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Thank you - familiar with the action, just never seen that symbol before.

Actually seems quite superfluous, as I also have this dial, in a far more accessible place on the dash, which does exactly the same thing.

20240814_165044.thumb.jpg.0f4d35c3b06a4d19f79d0f7f2d6004ea.jpg

7 hours ago, alta-pete said:

On the strength of an earlier recommendation for NFU I tried them myself. It seems they are indeed quite happy to insure most Land Rovers, just not a new one…

Aha.......so you've gone from a pimptractor to a wurzelmobile ?

Bet you've had a snorkel fitted an'aw...................

46 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Actually seems quite superfluous, as I also have this dial, in a far more accessible place on the dash, which does exactly the same thing.

20240814_165044.thumb.jpg.0f4d35c3b06a4d19f79d0f7f2d6004ea.jpg

Ah. I’m talking shite then. Cue Tom Jones…

42 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Aha.......so you've gone from a pimptractor to a wurzelmobile ?

Bet you've had a snorkel fitted an'aw...................

Nup. Still a pimptractor. But a hybrid now! 

8 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Can anyone tell me what the middle button here is for? 

Renault Kangoo van.

20240814_091049.thumb.jpg.54ce45b2b64c7cc6108e0475a96ef439.jpg

the one with the wee A symbol? on mine (car tbf, not a kangoo) it turns off the automatic start/stop if your engine has that. far left is presumably collision detection or something, not sure what the one on the right is, all i see is a mans head with wee ears and his arm, holding a tiny tree

edit: got a bit too much time on my hands before dinner tbh but something like this, does it summon this dude when you press it?

Capture.PNG.02662bad46b7d7737c76fdbb1bd742b6.PNG

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely