Football Manager 2014

Lyle Lanley

Are you managing Sevco?

:lol: That's what it feels like!

I'm Swansea and have been performing above expectations in the league and doing quite well in Europe, so have brought in quite a lot of money for the club. The player budget has gone up quite a lot but I've been staying under the limit, the problem is non football wages are also going up so it's basically like I've got two squads to pay. Even though I had quite a successful season last year the Club made an £8 million loss and has made quite big losses the first two months of the new season, despite this I still got quite a reasonable budget for the new season.

Oh well I'll just act like Super Ally and pretend everything is fine until it all blows up in my face.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: That's what it feels like!

I'm Swansea and have been performing above expectations in the league and doing quite well in Europe, so have brought in quite a lot of money for the club. The player budget has gone up quite a lot but I've been staying under the limit, the problem is non football wages are also going up so it's basically like I've got two squads to pay. Even though I had quite a successful season last year the Club made an £8 million loss and has made quite big losses the first two months of the new season, despite this I still got quite a reasonable budget for the new season.

Oh well I'll just act like Super Ally and pretend everything is fine until it all blows up in my face.

That's what I do. It's only a game after all! ;)

Started a game with Palermo the other day as a "project".

Managed to win Serie B after being dragged to a board meeting mid March and told that I had to get 9 points in the next 5 games or I'd get sacked. Major problem that I faced was that my defence frequently leaked 2 or more goals a game. Finally managed to get it sorted and won the last 7 games on the trot.

Serie A has gone surprisingly well after signing a few players and getting some players back that were out on loan. Currently sitting 4th after 21 games and understandably the board are pretty happy. Set my expectations as avoid relegation to give myself some breathing space. Bizarre how signing one centre half has turned my leak Serie B defence into the 2nd best in Serie A.

Hopefully manage to sneak a Champions League place and push on from there.

Managed to get Stirling Albion from League 2 to the Premiership in 3 seasons with back to back promotions. Winning League 2 and 1. I finished 2nd in the championship and went up via the play-offs beating Aberdeen 2-0 on aggregate. :lol:

I wasn't doing very well in the premiership, in desperate need of some quality in every area. The board were just rubbish though. Refused to help me in any way.

Forthbank still had a capacity of just 3800, which meant I hardly had any income coming in. It was useless. After leaking to the press that they weren't prepared to increase my wage budget, they gave me 5 games to accumulate 11 points. I only managed 2 of those said games and was fired. So unrealistic. I was favoured personnel with the club (should have been at least an icon or a legend though IMO) even got Scottish Hero on Steam.

Oldham offered me the managers post, so took that on but just not feeling it.

Looking at my teams finances and under wages there is Non-Football Costs, what exactly are these? I'm assuming it's supposed to be the wages for board members/directors and anyone else not in the playing or coaching staff but mine are through the roof, it's gone up by 12 million in the last season and is pretty much on par with my player budget. Surely the tea lady and kitman aren't getting paid that much?! Is there anything I can do to cut these costs?

There is also a lot of money coming out from dividends and the club is making quite a big loss, despite me performing well on the pitch and bringing in a lot of money. I'm expecting my budget to be cut for next season and it's really annoying.

It increases as your reputation and turnover increases. It includes all your office staff, policing costs, stewarding costs, advertising costs, stocking your club shop, training equipment etc. etc.

Its never really been fully explained by SI, but in general it won't get out of hand as it reacts to your turnover

do you think clubs could go bust i fm? lol

No, teams can't go out of business. The "worst" that can happen is they go into administration and get points deductions, and eventually drop down the leagues until they become unplayable

No, teams can't go out of business. The "worst" that can happen is they go into administration and get points deductions, and eventually drop down the leagues until they become unplayable

yeah that was my thought. Would be a cool feature imo

Can someone link me up to a database mentioned before taking in the lower lower lower leagues of England?

Here you go:

http://www.fmscout.com/a-voasys-english-level-11-for-fm14.html

It might be availabel on the Steam workshop as well, if that's easier for you to get to. Haven't looked for it there myself though.

In my 10th season with Thistle now and am finally beginning to conquer the domestic scene. Won my second title in a row, but also won a domestic treble. The highlight by far was the Scottish Cup final. Opposition were Dundee United who are pretty much the second best team in the country (behind us) thanks to cash injections. They scored a stunner in the 88th minute to make it 3-2 to them, I responded by just throwing absolutely everything at them - resulting in a swift 89th minute equaliser courtesy of Ukrainian regen Evgeny Kovalev 8). For some reason I just wasn't playing well at all but managed to cling on through extra time for penalties which I won 5-4. Cue scenes. That was one of my favourite individual matches I can remember playing on FM.

Next challenge is to start progressing properly in Europe. Despite excellent individual results like winning 5-0 at home to Ajax and 4-0 away to multiple CL finalists Valencia, I've only ever got as far as the group stages of the CL and the last 16 of the EL.

I've also taking peeeel's advice by putting high-rep Brazilians in charge of my youth setup. Hopefully that will bare some fruit soon enough, my youth team have been absolutely bollocks for 10 straight seasons.

5th season with Killie. After my first second place finish now in CL and absolutely humped Genk 5-1 on aggregate. Got Stuttgart now and drew away leg 0-0. Still not spent more than 250k on a transfer. Mostly freebies but to be fair some guys are on 7k a week now.

Clyde game so far:

2013/14 - league 2, winners

2014/15 - league 1, 7th place

2015/16 - league 1, 2nd place. Promoted via play offs

2016/17 - Championship, Winner. Won on last day of season. Had to beat already relegated Airdrie and hope Dundee lost or drew. They lost and I won.

2017/18 - SPL tbc....

Going to be a struggle, initial wage budget is 18k and transfer budget of £0. Undersoil heating installed and new stadium on the way supposed to be ready for 2020. Hopefully can bring some Champions League football to it!

Anyone else whose recently started a new game with a Scottish team not getting an English club as a parent club? Usually with Hibs I get recommended top English clubs like Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal etc.

Normally this wouldn't bother me but the teams that I do get recommended are all abroad and all the names in their reserves/under 21s & under 19s are greyed out so I can't get any players on loan for free

Finally got my scottish pack for this year sorted

i basically just did the backgrounds and stadium pics bit but there is logos kits & 3d kits in the pack as well

post-21687-0-64946500-1395353520_thumb.j

post-21687-0-15923000-1395353534_thumb.j

http://dfiles.eu/files/bxufsdku3

just paste the folders into your graphics folder its all set up ready to go , ive also left a .rar file of alternative stadium pics in there

(using Steklo skin btw)

First was a Scottish cup semi final against St Johnstone, I've already won the league cup but I want the treble! Anyway I was 1-0 down, despite being well on top things went bad when I got a man sent off in the 81st minute, my left back, gutted. Still on overload with a much higher defensive line I got hit on the counter, my centre back took out there striker and he got a red, 86 minutes gone, 1-0 down, two men sent off. Game over.

Until I got a dodgy penalty in the 92 minute! Extra time loomed and they scored in the 2nd minute, still down to 9 men I had a left mid at left back and a centre midfielder at centre back, neither had ever played it and it was going so badly. Out of nowhere though I scored a pearler from 30 yards, top bag. Jon Coumans is my hero.

Went onto penalties, 10 penalties later I was a winner! Chris McLaughlin could've won it, but well he didn't. 8)

Sheer drama.post-13347-0-19982800-1395365763_thumb.p

Next game was the Uefa cup final, not much more needs said.

post-13347-0-75148700-1395365797_thumb.p

Archived