NFL London

Sloop John B

Got 3 for Colts-Jags. Has anyone who's been down before flew down and back on the same day ? That's what we're looking at doing.

We've looked at doing this before a few years back but it was too tight with the later KOs back then.

Definitely seems more of an option now with the earlier KOs...quick search shows you could fly from Ed to Gatwick at 7:05, in for 8:30 and then back again at 21:50, back in Ed for 23:15.

The game should finish around 5:30/6pm and you'd probably want to give yourself at least 2-2.5 hours to get from Wembley to the airport, so those times would work.

which ones?

got tickets for colts - jags, first time going down to london for it

Just go on their site and do a search for London, there's loads. If you're going to the Wembley game then around Liverpool St would be decent as you can go direct to the ground from there, there's a Travelodge near Old Street, five minute walk or so to Liverpool Street - it's where we stayed last year.

I think the Rams game will end up being a 6pm kickoff now that they've moved to LA. Doubt the NFL would make a team play at 6am on their body clocks, so I don't think that one will be an early kickoff.

One was rumoured to be an evening kick off and like you I'd not be shocked if it is the Rams game. If it is an afternoon game won't it be like 5am or something in LA.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Heading down today for the game. It'll be the only game of the series I'll make despite having tickets for all the games. I'll probably be the guy wearing the Hauschka jersey.

Last time I was down the Jags played well against an awful Bills team, this team I can't see past the Colts. Hopefully a massive scoring game though.

Might get trawl the waivers for some fantasy interest as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Enjoy gents. Will be good to hear feedback on how things work at Twickenham. It was definitely the match-up we fancied heading to, but elected for the safety of Wembley :lol:

Hopefully things run smooth, would be a nice change of scenery next year.

Pro Tip - buy the re-fillable popcorn, £10 but was incredible