NFL London

Sloop John B

That's logical. The players and staff would not need to live in the UK. They would only come to London for the home games. Pre-season training could take place in the US. The only question is whether such a set-up would have an adverse effect on fan support and loyalty. 

How would that work though? They'd all have to move to the place that they decided to train in America anyway so why not just go the whole way and move to London?

46 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How would that work though? They'd all have to move to the place that they decided to train in America anyway so why not just go the whole way and move to London?

Not really.  It's not unusual for  players  to stay "at home".  Granted many more split times at home and at team base.  

9 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Not really.  It's not unusual for  players  to stay "at home".  Granted many more split times at home and at team base.  

Exactly, assuming it's the Jags you would expect they'd keep their training facilities in Jacksonvile.

Also to go to the point about group of home here or there.  I can not see many agreeing to more than two at a time if that.  Using The Jags, can't see the Texans or Titans being happy to face a possibility of playing the London Franchise in London in Week 17 when in  Week 16 they travelled to the Colts while in 12 and 13 did away games in Seattle and LA.  While London got 4-8 homes games directly after their bye and in the run in.    

If expansion then the NFC East (maybe the only Division they could market such an Expansion, since they already carry so much already) certainly won't and I doubt the AFC East will be too pleased either

But teams would have to agree their 1/32 of revenue taking a bigger hit

Edited by Antiochas III

4 minutes ago, Jute said:

Saints @ Dolphins confirmed as one of IS games in London next year. Other games to be announced at Thanks Giving.

Will it be 3 games again next year? Would love to get back down was some trip. 

7 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Will it be 3 games again next year? Would love to get back down was some trip. 

Suggestion was 4 IS games this year but not sure if that includes the game in Mexico City that supposed to be happening next season.

53 minutes ago, Jute said:

Suggestion was 4 IS games this year but not sure if that includes the game in Mexico City that supposed to be happening next season.

That game (Mexico) is happening in a few weeks.

According to wiki LA Rams are penned in to be a home team as well as the obvious Jags.  If true then it will either be

Rams hosting

Redskins, Eagles, Texans, Colts, Same Placed NFC South or Divisonal.  

Jags Hosting

Rams, Ravens, Bengals, Seahawks, Same Placed AFC West or Divisional

That is of course if the NFL keep the same rotational scheduling as the last few seasons

Mexico is this year. Not sure if they'll have another next season, but Rams are supposed to be playing a home game in China in 2017.

Edit: my mistake China game is scheduled for 2018 not next season.

On 01/11/2016 at 19:07, Bully Wee Villa said:

Mexico is this year. Not sure if they'll have another next season, but Rams are supposed to be playing a home game in China in 2017.

Edit: my mistake China game is scheduled for 2018 not next season.

I had misread thing about Mexico City game. 4 games in London then. Assuming that Jags and Rams are home teams along with Miami I would wonder who the additional home team will be.

• 1 month later...