dundeebarry's book (No spoilers please!)

LiamDFC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished the book and I really enjoyed it, wife's getting a bit pissed off with my sudden outbursts of 'teckle' and 'whas in cherge'.,

I'm pretty much the same, the wife really isn't chuffed when I call my six year old c***o.

Just finished! Well done Barry. An excellent read with plenty of heart as well as humour. You write very well. As mentioned before, there are a few typos but nothing which detracts from the enjoyment of the book. I've been meaning to write my own novel for some time now and this has made me keen to get started!

Dismayed O'Dundee6 days ago

I accept that there ARE takers for this sort of thing, just as there are for hard drugs, internet filth and sectarianism, none of which contribute anything good to society.

Many people in Dundee are contributing positively to culture and this book is an insult to all of them, revelling in its own mediocrity, undermining those trying to improve the image of my home town.

The Tartan Special One represents everything that is wretched and tawdry in Dundee and I hope its damage is as limited as its contribution to literature.

That's nearly as funny as the book.

Just finished! Well done Barry. An excellent read with plenty of heart as well as humour. You write very well. As mentioned before, there are a few typos but nothing which detracts from the enjoyment of the book. I've been meaning to write my own novel for some time now and this has made me keen to get started!

Great stuff TRS. Good luck with the novel.

The bold Christopher Brookmyre has very kindly invited me to join him on a couple of "tour dates" for his latest novel Bedlam. We'll be at St Andrews Library on Jan 21st and Waterstone's in Dundee on the 22nd. Expect readings from the book, jovial banter and punches in the pus if any c**t gets wide. Come join us if you can, people.

Given that this comes on the back of my trip to London to do Talksport on the 17th I'm giving the production of official "dundeebarry on tour ya bas" t-shirts some serious consideration.

Dismayed O'Dundee's full contribution will feature prominently in the next edition of TTSO, ie the one with the typos removed.

We will take "revelling in its own mediocrity" to a new level.

Sales continuing to go well so thanks to all P&B peeps who've bought it and are helping to keep word spreading like D O'D's mamma.

Will there be Hungry Hippos?

I suggested it to Mr Brookmyre and he bottled it. Boy kens a Hungry, Hungry Hippos player when he sees one.

Was a bit like an onion, multi layered, made me cry at times(with laughter) and goes well with stovies.

I'm taking my time with the book as I've been quite busy since I bought it but I have to say, it's fantastic. Well written and the characters are excellent. Unbelievable tekkers Barry, take a bow son.

Thank you, gents.

Dismayed O'Dundee's full contribution will feature prominently in the next edition of TTSO, ie the one with the typos removed.

We will take "revelling in its own mediocrity" to a new level.

Sales continuing to go well so thanks to all P&B peeps who've bought it and are helping to keep word spreading like D O'D's mamma.

Get some of his shit in the 'DVD Extra' section. Also, my taps aff promo shot. Hell, maybe even one of the naked ones. Well worth splashing some of the profits on the "sex sells" angle.

Archived