Marshmallo

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

31. sjc

What you said: “Decent Hearts poster.”

“He's a very sound lad and he lives on a boat”

Did he get any first places?: Yes, one

The poll: sjc picked up four votes in this poll – a first and a second gave him the majority of his points, with a sixth and a ninth pushing him up the list to almost crack the top thirty. He finished ahead of Fudge on account of that first place nomination.

The poster: sjc has been a member of the site since 2009, which surprised me if I’m honest. He only came to my attention this summer. Perhaps he’d stayed in the divisional forums prior to that. Anyway, this year I found out that there was a guy who posted on P&B who lived in a houseboat. That blew my mind. Rosie & Jim was one of my favourite TV shows when I was a wee boy.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwYP6eesX9E[/media]

That’s the first I’ve watched that intro in years. It’s now abundantly clear to me that Rosie and Jim were pumping each other senseless. They’re winching towards the start of that video and the song mentions “chugging” and “we go to bed”. Complete and utter filth. I’m not sure what goes on aboard the good ship sjc, but if he’s doing as much shagging as Jim it’s probably alright. If the boat is docked near Fountainbridge then there’s a couple of decent bars around there. Hyde Out is pretty swanky.

Even leaving aside the boat, sjc seems like a very sound guy. He’s decent to pretty much everybody and doesn’t sling the insults about. He used to take some stick but he didn’t rise to it and has improved as a poster over the last few months IMO. When I said I was going away last week he was the only person that said he hoped I had a good time. That was much appreciated. Outside of GN, other interaction I’ve tended to have with sjc on the Boxing Thread (some topic btw, the guys are in there are excellent). That’s a big plus in my book. I can’t really comment on his football posts as Falkirk unfortunately haven’t shared a league with Hearts for ages.

As I’ve said, I think sjc is a good guy. However, if I’m honest, I’m not sure he should be in the top fifty posters in the history of P&B. He picked up the votes though so the masses have spoken. There are worse choice and I wouldn’t grudge the guy his spot.

Cheers. Who was the Ruel Street guy?

I can't remember who it was to (the russian comes to mind?) or the backgroud to it (it happened pretty much at the beggining of my time here)but it was that Clyde newcomer guy who offered the square go and the infamous "bring yer maw" line. It was pretty huge at the time with all arguments and squables ending up with comic suggestion that the issue could be settled at 12 Ruel Street for some time after the event.

I can't remember who it was to (the russian comes to mind?) or the backgroud to it (it happened pretty much at the beggining of my time here)but it was that Clyde newcomer guy who offered the square go and the infamous "bring yer maw" line. It was pretty huge at the time with all arguments and squables ending up with comic suggestion that the issue could be settled at 12 Ruel Street for some time after the event.

Wasn't it ClydeTillWeDie?

He had regular seethe-filled breakdowns at other posters.

Archived