The 50 Best Posters in P&B History

Marshmallo

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That dece patter is the most honking in the history of p+b, its just fucking pish mun

Noted that you've used the letter 'U' when the only acceptable outcome is the letter 'A'. Muppets in the North think 'min' is acceptable patter and inbred borders clearly think 'Mun' is acceptable. The educated class of middle Scotland will just continue to laugh at you.

Guest The Phoenix

Noted that you've used the letter 'U' when the only acceptable outcome is the letter 'A'. Muppets in the North think 'min' is acceptable patter and inbred borders clearly think 'Mun' is acceptable. The educated class of middle Scotland will just continue to laugh at you.

Mappet.

I think Marshmallo said it would be decision time tonight. We obviously know who the top two are, but it'll be interesting to see what order they have been voted in.

I'm going for:

1. Twinkle

2. beermonkey

Surprised "Fotbawmad" (sic) and "Gordopolis" didn't make it, right enough.

C'Mon Marshmallo!

I've got my acceptance speech saved in my notes for a quick c&p.

Here's an excerpt...

"I soon regretted telling the mods that their families were in danger unless they banned Swampy straight away and then give vikingTon a little while to get complacent before sucker punching him with a permanent banning on New Year's Day."

2. Swampy

What you said: “Witty and knowledgeable”

“Makes quality contributions to a wide range of topics and can also be funny. He can be a c**t, but he's spectacularly good at winding people up with it. His wind-ups are so good because unlike obvious trolls he's generally making perfectly sensible points while doing so, just making them in such a way which induces breakdowns from seethe-merchants.”

“Just the godfather of P&B. Even when i disagree with him or he's acting weird he still manages to keep it at a class above anyone else who tries similar.”

“My favourite P&B poster. A lot of the forum's catchphrases are down to him and I love it when he puts down thickos like Tryfield and ayrmad in GN. The only downside is the tedious feminist stuff he lectures about every now and then.”

“Really good grasp of English and an excellent writer. Would have been higher if he wasn't so serious about reporting people.”

“Prone to hissy fits, but a decent poster all the same.”

“Very entertaining when not being a pompous dick.”

“Could be on here for the 'BEAST!' post alone, but was in top form on the Most Influential thread and is a great all-round poster.”

“Excellent poster on a number of topics, intelligent, funny, very #dece”

“Intelligent poster that isn't too much of a geeky dick about it.”

Did he get any first places?: Yes, five

The poll: Swampy picked up 25 votes, which was the second most of anyone in the poll. The breakdown was five firsts, five seconds, five thirds, three fourths, two fifths, a seventh, an eighth and three tenths. This gave him a total of 178 points, which was 24 more than VT in third, and more than the total points of fourth placed Liam and fifth placed Mak combined.

The poster: The recently suspended Swampy follows up his fourth (third morally) place in the Most Influential posters thread with a comfortable second place on the list of the greatest posters in P&B history. It won’t be a surprise to anyone who has been reading his continued brilliance across all areas of the forum over the last decade.

Quite a few General Nonsense heavyweights have very little presence in the football sections of the board. This definitely isn’t case with Swampy though. He’s got an incredible depth of knowledge in Misc Other Football and he’s one of the best posters in that forum. There aren’t many people who can compete with his views on European football, he knows a tremendous amount about football in different locations and he’s hugely informative to read. I first noticed him as Getafe fan in that section and have looked out for his posts ever since. As mentioned above, he’s brilliant at calling out morons and that extends to the football sections. He shares the same views as me regarding trying to get a more meritocratic system in place in competitions in both club and international football, which really makes him a good guy. A recent example of his work which I enjoyed was when he tore Monkey Tennis to shreds over the Champions League including non-champions. In the divisional forum Swampy is slightly quieter, which I’d assume is to do with him living in the States. When he does post though he’s as excellent as you’d expect. He was involved in the famous “Virgil Vigil” with VT.

Swampy shone brightest in General Nonsense. He’s at the heart of everything in this section. He’s an incredibly intelligent guy so he can dominate debate whilst making excellent points, he’s got a brilliant sense of humour, and he isn’t shy of an argument. I enjoyed his contribution to Club DECE in particular. At times I think he has an air of superiority about him but it doesn’t always rear its head, and if he does he’s entitled to a bit I think. The guy’s a genius. He’s jousted with different posters on all ends of the P&B spectrum over the years which has led to some great entertainment. It also led to a bizarre incident where Swampy used a picture of Andy C’s kids as his avatar, before being banned and then phoning the P&B hotline, which was pretty fucking weird. It’s testament to his quality though that he’s been able to move beyond this and remain one of the most popular posters on the site.

I haven’t done Swampy justice in this write up tbh. I think there’s a good argument that he should be the number 1 in this list given his longevity, consistency and overall contribution to the forum. He was comfortably in my list of nominations. There’s no question that this website is poorer without his contributions and hopefully he’ll return soon. I think we need Swampy on here. I hope his placing isn’t overshadowed by the fact that most of you can now guess who the winner is…

Swampy created the gif of trollface at the football, in honour of the creepy stalking of SaintSam at Firhill. He also emailed it to me. For this, he would've been my number one if I'd be arsed to actually vote.

Archived