The 50 Best Posters in P&B History

Marshmallo

I don't think HibeeJibee ever sullies himself with the General Nonsense forum, probably just as well since both SuperCaley and Marshmallo have spelled his name wrong.

Always wondered how you pronounce his name. Is it "Hi Bee Jie Bee", "Hee Bee Jee Bee" ?

Shameful behaviour. Very sorry HJ, hopefully you can forgive us mate.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think HibeeJibee ever sullies himself with the General Nonsense forum, probably just as well since both SuperCaley and Marshmallo have spelled his name wrong.

Always wondered how you pronounce his name. Is it "Hi Bee Jie Bee", "Hee Bee Jee Bee" ?

Edited the list entry for spelling. As for pronunciation, I'd say "High Bee Jy Bee".

I like the format too. Pity folk have to wade through all the other posts (some of which are funny, some less so!) just to find the results. Maybe all the write-ups from top 50s could be compiled into a book in time for Christmas? Reckon that would rocket to the top of the bestseller list.

48. H_B

What you said: “His standard of posting has gone downhill recently as he has opted to spend a lot of his time trolling about the Independence referendum. Back in the day, he was probably the best poster on the forum and was another one who was great at calling out thickos and bullshitters for what they were.”

Did he get any first places?: Yes, one

The poll: H_B is the only poster to make the top 50 with just two votes – a first and a third place ensured that he sneaked into the list. This was only confirmed on the last day of voting.

The poster: H_B has been a poster on this site for almost a decade – when he registered as a member of this forum I had just finished my first year of high school. I am now a handsome young man in his early 20s with a degree (MA Hons from a University in the world’s top 20 btw) and a full time job. But I digress. My point is, H_B is an institution on this forum, if such a thing exists. He seems to be largely restricted to the Independence threads these days, which is a shame as he used to be one of the best reads on General Nonsense. I believe H_B was the first poster to regularly use the term “sky fairy”, although I could be wrong. This is a phrase which has now made its way into my everyday language. As the poster who gave reasons for voting for H_B stated, he is tremendous and laying into those who are talking shite on General Nonsense.

In terms of being a football poster, I largely agreed with H_B on most matters Falkirk Football Club until recently. He doesn’t post much in the Falkirk threads any more as he stopped attending matches, and when he does it only seems to be negative. This is disappointing as his putdowns and general intelligence meant he was a great read on those threads. He hated Pressley almost as much as me, which is admirable. On Misc Football Chat he can be an excellent poster as well, but at times he is drawn into long, boring slogs with Supras. This is particularly awful as it renders me having Supras on ignore as pointless. If you’re going to argue with him gonnae no quote him eh. His most famous football thread would have to be his slagging of Owen Coyle, who then went on to have Burnley promoted before moving to Bolton.

I feel I have missed out a lot of H_B’s more memorable moments and I don’t feel I have done him justice with this write up. 49th seems too low in this poll, he is one of the most well known posters on this site and should probably be higher. Please give me your comments on H_B as he is a cracking poster.

I've never shared a pint. I've also never turned up to the cinema on my own, not knowing what I was going to see. I've also not met my bird on World of Warcraft. I've also never called in to the P&b hotline to complain about being banned from a website.

Tells you everything you need to know about the complete weirdos on here that they think that the aforementioned is normal behaviour.

But you're not bothered though. Not at all.

I've never shared a pint. I've also never turned up to the cinema on my own, not knowing what I was going to see. I've also not met my bird on World of Warcraft. I've also never called in to the P&b hotline to complain about being banned from a website.

Tells you everything you need to know about the complete weirdos on here that they think that the aforementioned is normal behaviour.

^^^^

Sobbing uncontrollably

He's rubbish now, but HB will always be known for his Eric Joyce e-mails, which were some of the best posts I've seen on this site.

Can't believe I forgot about those. Absolutely unreal. I think these were before it came out that Eric Joyce was a violent thug who would have relations with schoolgirls working on his election campaign.

47. Fife Saint

What you said: “Not seen much of him the last few years but he was my favourite poster for years and wins the award on the back of that.”

Did he get any first places?: Yes, one

The poll: Fife Saint picked up three votes in the poll – a first, a fifth and a ninth. He tied on points with H_B, but takes the higher placing due to his superior number of nominations.

The poster: I would say that my favourite thing about Fife Saint is the complete and utter contempt he has for the Old Firm, plus the Sevco franchise who now play in Govan. There is obviously real hatred there, but the way it is written in very humorous. This post of his from the Celtic-St Johnstone match thread at the end of last season is one example:

“I'm going despite the inevitable bawbaggery and rampant sectarian displays from the home end. I was there back when they won the title to stop ten in a row, or whatever tedious triumph they prevented. Horrible c***s wanting to swap scarves at the end, why would I want a scarve with an Irish flag and some equally trivial shite about a hunger strike? c***s.”

Fife Saint is a funny guy in general (haha funny, not funny looking or weird or that), he’s one of the best posters on here at writing concise posts which manage to make me laugh on a regular basis (see also The Scarf, Jimmy85). I feel I miss much of his best work as Falkirk are too shite to be in the top flight, which is unfortunate. Unlike a lot of other posters on this list, Fife Saint tends to make most of his posts about football. This is a good thing – it’s a football forum after all.

He’s a good follow on Twitter as well. I like the boy.

46. banterman86

What you said : Nothing. No comments with any of the votes. This is why I wanted you to comment. It’s more fun that way. f**k the lot of you.

Did he get any first places?: No

The poll: No first places for banterman86, but he did take a second place in addition to making three other lists.

The poster: banterman86 is a dreadful username. Really, really poor. I’m surprised there isn’t some abuse getting slung about for it. The same can’t be said for the poster though. banterman86 was one of my ten – he made my list because he is one of the best football posters there has been on this site. At its best, the Misc Other Football forum is the best on P&B, and banterman86 is a tremendous poster on a variety of topics in that section. He isn’t as prolific as he used to be unfortunately, but I always enjoyed reading his posts in there. He used to have some cracking discussions with other football fans much brainer than me about tactics which were amongst the highlights of the footballing sections of the website for me. He was always capable having a debate without turning it into a slagging match, which is something which is sadly lacking for a depressingly high number of posters.

Going by green dots given out, it seems banterman86 is also a fan of the dece stuff. I respect him all the more for that. I was going to say he is a "good guy for a Celtic fan", but I don't that qualifier is needed, he just seems like a sound c**t full stop. (also, keep it quiet but I actually don't think the Celtic fans on here are too bad in general)

These days any time I notice banterman86 has posted it tends to be in the Celtic topics or some of the longer GN threads. Get yourself back to Misc Other Football on a regular basis please.

It's Saturday night and I have pals (unbelievable eh), so I will leave it at that for today. I will be attempting to post two of the list per day, but this may not always be possible due to time constraints as I'm trying to put together a bit of a write up for each poster as you can see. Thanks for the feedback on the format, I will endeavour to keep this up. The list should hopefully be revealed in full by the start of December.

Please now discuss the posters who have made it so far and heap praise on me. I will be back with the next two tomorrow.

Still, at least you're taking it well.

Archived