Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

• 2 weeks later...

Either this lad is made of glass which I doubt as he was playing in the hammer thrower spl happily enough or he's just fucking dug meat compared to what it's on offer in Portugal only rea son I see him staying out there is money simple as that no footballer wants to sit on the side lines for 3 years

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

"I haven't seen the lad play but he must be fucking dug meat because I've made all these assumptions about why he's not getting a game".

Read a great article about him recently actually.  Apparently he's had a back injury and Achilles recently.

40 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Got a link?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5563887/Ryan-Gauld-ex-Dundee-wonderkid-aiming-career-top.html

Even though it's the daily mail it's a good article.  I still have high hopes for gauld, he's a very talented player who has served a good apprenticeship and has a great attitude. 

When he finds the right team he'll be a cracking player.  And he's actually played about 150 games of senior football and is only 22.  

5 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5563887/Ryan-Gauld-ex-Dundee-wonderkid-aiming-career-top.html

Even though it's the daily mail it's a good article.  I still have high hopes for gauld, he's a very talented player who has served a good apprenticeship and has a great attitude. 

When he finds the right team he'll be a cracking player.  And he's actually played about 150 games of senior football and is only 22.  

Cheers, good read. He speaks quite well and as you say appears to have a smashing attitude. I hadn't realised that Aves changed their manager, that coupled with a back injury would be a bit more plausible for his lack of game time than "he must be fucking dug meat".

Aves already safe, so essentially meaningless for them.

Maybe only 2nd or 3rd start in the whole spell? Even with the documented injuries, considering how many times he’s been unused on the bench, it just feels like a waste of a year.

Edited by Nightmare

29 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Aves already safe, so essentially meaningless for them.

Maybe only 2nd or 3rd start in the whole spell? Even with the documented injuries, considering how many times he’s been unused on the bench, it just feels like a waste of a year.

Aren't you just a ray of sunshine

I don't know why people are so quick to defend Gauld or justify his current career standing.  As things are the move to Portugal has been an absolute disaster for him and, unless of course he moves and actually starts to perform consistently well, he will simply be another English Championship/Scottish Premiership jobber.

In fact, I hope my own team sound him out about a move.

15 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

I don't know why people are so quick to defend Gauld or justify his current career standing.  As things are the move to Portugal has been an absolute disaster for him and, unless of course he moves and actually starts to perform consistently well, he will simply be another English Championship/Scottish Premiership jobber.

In fact, I hope my own team sound him out about a move.

because when he was at United he showed better feet and weight of pass than anyone in the previous 20 years. He’s likely to have improved since he’s been away, although maybe not as much as we’d hoped. 

I think there has to come a point where he accepts that this move to Portugal hasn't paid off, but I hope he gives it to next season and then makes some sort of decision. If another pre-season with Lisbon/Aves doesn't produce good results and again culminates in him having to try and break into another bottom third team then he surely has to cut loose from Sporting and see that they may only be holding him back. 

I'd love to see him back in Scotland, mainly because I just want to see good players playing in Scotland. I know that Dindy possibly has his tongue in his cheek, but I reckon that Killie and Steve Clarke might be what Gauld needs.

I'm not buying this "disaster" chat at all.  Gauld himself says he's learned so much over there and loves the lifestyle, sure he admits he'd have liked to play more but he's got around 100 professional games in Portugal under his belt, he's only 22. I would agree that he needs to play more this season and I'm confident he will, but to call his move a disaster isn't accurate.

He won't be back in Scotland for a long while yet IMO, if at all.