Have I got Local News For You

Tryfield

Lanhydrock National Trust cream tea advert sparks outrage

A Mother's Day cream tea advert has sparked fury for depicting a scone with the jam dolloped on the cream.

The National Trust's Lanhydrock in Bodmin angered Cornish locals by depicting the delicacy in the rival Devon tradition on a Facebook post.

Outraged locals said they were going to cancel memberships over the blunder.

The Trust apologised for the "heinous mistake", adding staff will wear #JamFirst badges to support "a proper cream tea". 

About 300 people complained on the post, with some claiming it was "horrifying" and "made them feel sick".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-43363435 

giphy.gif 

On 10/03/2018 at 11:25, welshbairn said:

I'm not a trained psychiatrist but I suspect Thomas is not quite right in the head. You'd have thought a hospital rather than the criminal justice system would be the place for him.

It takes ages to get from one to the other. I expect that the "full plea in mitigation" might be similar to your post.

On 11/03/2018 at 20:42, The Master said:

I witnessed two bakers in Lostwithiel having an increasingly heated argument as to whether the one who made chicken tikka pasties was entitled to call them pasties at all. The cornish make Aberdeenshire look cosmopolitan and outward looking.

5 minutes ago, The Master said:

They picked the wrong headline. Man Moved Because House Was Too Big!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/2414922/scheme-marvin-baird-mobile-phone-jail-job-kilmarnock-junkie/

SCHEME star Marvin Baird was sacked from his cushy prison job when a smuggled phone slipped out of his bum and landed beside a warden.

The junkie, 38, lost his “passman” role and sparked a security scare after the mobile tumbled from his shorts while he bent down at Kilmarnock nick.

Insiders claim Baird — who was locked up awaiting sentence on a drugs rap — was carrying the device for a gangland figure, who can’t be named.

A source branded the yob’s attempt “hapless”.

They added: “Marvin was walking about the prison in a pair of shorts and flips flops.

“He was holding a high-profile prisoner’s phone inside his bum and went to pick something up in front of one of the officers.

“But it slipped out and landed right at the guard’s feet.

“The guard pressed something and then prison officers were swarming from everywhere.

“He was sacked from his passman job straight away and was locked up 23 hours a day.”

It is understood Baird was allowed back in with mainstream cons at the private prison.

Edited by muirkirk nil

NT News on form. Any challengers for this world title?

[mention=40259]throbber[/mention]

I have definitely done it that many times in a day but don’t think I have done it that many times on consecutive days though. Mostly because of work commitments.