Have I got Local News For You

Tryfield

On 28/12/2018 at 20:40, NewBornBairn said:

Man wrote obscene message in Christmas card to neighbour

:lol: Tears, actual tears :lol:

2 months in prison for sending a card saying "Gies a gobble"

Just read this. Any idea what he said? It must have been something quite racy to get 2 months!

32 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Just read this. Any idea what he said? It must have been something quite racy to get 2 months!

A Hand For Santa

On Christmas Eve
Don’t lay awake in bed
All you naughty girls
Blonde, brunette or red
For instead of presents
You may get a shock instead
You may catch Santa
Dressed in his suit of red
Emptying his sack
At the end of your bed

https://peculiar-poetry.com/paul-curtis/christmas/dirty-poems/30dcp-09-hand.htm

6 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

The Sun provides the relevant details: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/3674325/scots-perv-shocked-neighbour-vile-message-christmas-card-caged/

Brietbart has a rather different take on the story: https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2018/12/28/british-man-jailed-writing-rude-christmas-card/

What the f**k, jail for that? Really?

To have been jailed immediately and not have the case deferred for background reports first he must previously have served a jail term. And most likely a very recent one for something of a similar character.

So basically he’s a repeat criminal, with a record that most likely includes something deviant in nature.

3 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

To have been jailed immediately and not have the case deferred for background reports first he must previously have served a jail term. And most likely a very recent one for something of a similar character.

So basically he’s a repeat criminal, with a record that most likely includes something deviant in nature.

That makes more sense, thank you.

I retract my shock and horror.

Ever punched a woman's wig clean off her head?

Biggest shock it wasn't Dundee.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/womans-wig-punched-clean-head-15621299?fbclid=IwAR0hsbiur_yGBFSycqaTUPiYKCRZrQ7_8MlEQLmp37vsIt1jI6Zesycep3

Copper bitten and headbutt issued, so the dad goes to Court looking for the "I'm a raspberry, couldn't have been me guv" look.

0_Brewis-snatch.jpg

Edited by Oooooft

2 hours ago, The Master said:

There is a lot going on in this article, especially the guy who immediately jumped to the conclusion that it could be some sort of cunning pasta related gang scam.

3 hours ago, The Master said:

Some outstanding quotes in that piece....

“I have given it to people who can handle it.”

David Martin, 26, a plumber from Tulloch Court, said: “I saw the funny side of it and let out a giggle.

“But then I started to think more into things and thought: ‘What if this is a gang-related scheme and they have used the pasta to see if someone will take it inside their house?’

“If they come back and the pasta is not there, then that house has someone staying there just now.

“If the pasta is still outside the door then the house has been empty and can be robbed.”

2 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

Some outstanding quotes in that piece....

“I have given it to people who can handle it.”

David Martin, 26, a plumber from Tulloch Court, said: “I saw the funny side of it and let out a giggle.

“But then I started to think more into things and thought: ‘What if this is a gang-related scheme and they have used the pasta to see if someone will take it inside their house?’

“If they come back and the pasta is not there, then that house has someone staying there just now.

“If the pasta is still outside the door then the house has been empty and can be robbed.”

I'm not familiar with the Dundee burglary scene but is leaving things outside the door to see if people are still there a common tactic?

On 1/2/2019 at 16:44, Jamie_Beatson said:

On 1/2/2019 at 16:48, Dons_1988 said:

That makes more sense, thank you.

I retract my shock and horror.

The bits in bold are conjecture.

In fact, if his prior conviction was particularly deviant then he would be of a class of persons on whom the court is obliged to request a report.

All it means is that he has done time for something before. There is no public record of him being sentenced before that I can find, so it is likely to have been historical. It could be deviant, but it could also be something totally right on like protesting Trident or inoffensive like insider trading. :P

Spoiler

What you see here are the differences in approach between Jamie's vocation and mine. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Edited by Margaret Thatcher