Fallout 4

Goran

Superb

Cheers :)

That would make a good fire.

:angry:

I was thinking of making it all out of metal but theres no upper floors etc.

Its built on the site of an old house in Sanctuary, just beside where the workbenches are. Its weird, the metal walls snapped and fitted better on that than the wooden ones, but as I built up, the wooden walls worked better.

I'll post some inside pics later but the ground floor is the workshop, with workbenches and all my power armour. First floor is the living room - took my couch from the old family home :) Next floor is the bedroom - found a mod that lets you build your own bed, one that NPCs wont sleep in. Top floor, for now, is the games room, with pool table, juke box and bar, plus half walls so I have a view out over the Commonwealth.

Quite please with the little entrance are to the side. The top part has a machine gun turret hidden behind the wall and the underneath houses the generator.

Aye.. it's funny as hell.

I seem to be finding roaming Deathclaws at the moment. Went into the sinkhole near green top nursery and so as I got out one went passed and a couple of minutes later a glowing one came haring after me.

There's a respawning Deathclaw point just inside the bus down at the bottom of the sinkhole. You can stand on the opposite side and take pot shots at it - it'll run out, climb up the path to the surface and start making its way along the rim, before losing sight of you and forgetting what it was doing, and making its way back down again.

Rinse and repeat :P

I'm going to try a new tactic tonight.

Going to suggest an early night to the Mrs as we have quite a busy weekend - I will then try and pump her and then "doze off".

An undefined period of time later I shall feign illness and be up and down a few times before unselfishly suggesting I take the couch so as not to disturb her. I'll batter a film on for 20 mins in case she wants to check on me (she won't - the heartless bitch) - at this point I'll batter on Fallout and play it until someone wakes up. I'll run and "be sick" again - ensuring upon her awakening I am sent to bed while she leaves the house to do the "busy weekend" stuff. I'll then play Fallout until she gets home. At this point I'll be on the mend and we will have our planned family night and day out on Sunday.

Everyones a winner IMO.

There's a respawning Deathclaw point just inside the bus down at the bottom of the sinkhole. You can stand on the opposite side and take pot shots at it - it'll run out, climb up the path to the surface and start making its way along the rim, before losing sight of you and forgetting what it was doing, and making its way back down again.

Rinse and repeat :P

I just take them head on. Run backwards and shoot them. Vats at first for the legs and then l target at head.

Nice that it respawning though

Is there any quick and easy way to know what settlers are doing what? If you highlight a settler it will highlight the thing they are assigned to if in view but this doesn't help if not in view - or if you ring the bell and gather them all.

Any ideas?

Also, I'm still really having issues getting power to TVs and stuff. Not had a chance to try yet but if you put a power conduit on the outside of your house it powers everything inside? Anyone tried or had success with this.

Going to suggest an early night to the Mrs as we have quite a busy weekend - I will then try and pump her and then "doze off".

An undefined period of time later I shall feign illness and be up and down a few times before unselfishly suggesting I take the couch so as not to disturb her. I'll batter a film on for 20 mins in case she wants to check on me (she won't - the heartless bitch) - at this point I'll batter on Fallout and play it until someone wakes up. I'll run and "be sick" again - ensuring upon her awakening I am sent to bed while she leaves the house to do the "busy weekend" stuff. I'll then play Fallout until she gets home. At this point I'll be on the mend and we will have our planned family night and day out on Sunday.

Everyones a winner IMO.

:lol:

Is there any quick and easy way to know what settlers are doing what? If you highlight a settler it will highlight the thing they are assigned to if in view but this doesn't help if not in view - or if you ring the bell and gather them all.

Any ideas?

Also, I'm still really having issues getting power to TVs and stuff. Not had a chance to try yet but if you put a power conduit on the outside of your house it powers everything inside? Anyone tried or had success with this.

I cant find anyway of working what the settlers are assigned to, its a pain in the arse.

You dont need conduits to power TVs and internal lights (ones that dont need a wire directly connected). You just need to have a power line/pylon close enough.

If you look closely at the pic I posted last night, you'll see a pylon at each corner and two more (4 technically, as they're round the back too) on the second floor. There are wires running between the generator (under the stairs) and the two closest pylons on the ground. The other pylons on the ground are all connected to each other and then each ground pylon is connected to the one directly above it.

So far, this has been enough to power internal wall lights all round the bottom floor workshop, ceiling lights on the other floors and the TV and Jukebox. Took a while and a bit of googling to work out how to do it though!

Edited by Mr X

The settler assignment is annoying. Only way I know of seeing who's doing what is to hover over them (or the item) in workshop mode, at which point the settler/item combination are both highlit. Not exactly convenient, and I've had a few occasions where I've assigned someone to defences, only to realise they'd been on crop management, so I reassign someone to crop management who turns out to have been running the scavenger stall...infuriating, and something they'll no doubt improve for Fallout 5.

PS I am *actually* sick at the moment - if only life could always be so generous :thumsup2

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

I just finished the USS Constitution quest, and only just realised that the whole thing's a reference to the Crimson Permanent Assurance :lol:

I need some side quests to do before I crack on with the last part of the main story. Where do I get that one from? And what other quests can I go looking for. Ive already done the Cabot one and the Silver Shadow quests

Everyones a winner IMO.

My girlfriends sister is at Uni in Perth and she is away to see her this weekend. I of course put up strong resistance to this idea.

I need some side quests to do before I crack on with the last part of the main story. Where do I get that one from? And what other quests can I go looking for. Ive already done the Cabot one and the Silver Shadow quests

Head for the building just east of Bunker Hill with the full-size wooden frigate embedded in the roof :lol:

Turns out that there's more to do after the point that I thought it had ended; quite pleased, as there's something feverishly nutty about the whole affair, and I'd started to grow quite fond of the crew :P

Head for the building just east of Bunker Hill with the full-size wooden frigate embedded in the roof :lol:

Turns out that there's more to do after the point that I thought it had ended; quite pleased, as there's something feverishly nutty about the whole affair, and I'd started to grow quite fond of the crew :P

That is a cracker :) Just failed at defending them but I'll have another go in the morning

I need more quests like this people!

Just finished up with a certain cereal-based enemy to come out on the roof of Fort Hagen and have the Prydwen fly overhead. That was seriously cool as f**k.

Yeah, its pretty special. I missed it thanks to a bug :( Or rather I missed it when it was supposed to happen and had to go back later to kick it off

I went to bunker hill after and one of the NPC's said something about moronic robots have done it again :lol:

That is a cracker :) Just failed at defending them but I'll have another go in the morning

I need more quests like this people!

Yeah, its pretty special. I missed it thanks to a bug :( Or rather I missed it when it was supposed to happen and had to go back later to kick it off

Completed it today :) The ending is pretty cool.

For those that have completed the game, a few questions on how far I am from the end...

I've recently got into the Institute, and having to go through tedious quests of "find the synth". I told the Railroad about it, as I intend to side with them, and then went to Bunker Hill for the mission. Unfortunately, I seem to have pissed everyone off, and everyone is attacking me. No matter, I'll go to a previous save and fix that.

But basically, how far am I from the end of the main quest? I'm starting to get a bit bored of the game to be honest, and would really like to get the main quest out of the way so I can put it out of the way and return to it later once it's a little more fresh.

I do feel like I'm still missing out loads of the game, but at least that's limited if I finish the main quest.

For those that have completed the game, a few questions on how far I am from the end...

I've recently got into the Institute, and having to go through tedious quests of "find the synth". I told the Railroad about it, as I intend to side with them, and then went to Bunker Hill for the mission. Unfortunately, I seem to have pissed everyone off, and everyone is attacking me. No matter, I'll go to a previous save and fix that.

But basically, how far am I from the end of the main quest? I'm starting to get a bit bored of the game to be honest, and would really like to get the main quest out of the way so I can put it out of the way and return to it later once it's a little more fresh.

I do feel like I'm still missing out loads of the game, but at least that's limited if I finish the main quest.

You are very close.

Completed Rocket's Red Glare for the Railroad last night:

Wandering about the Pryden in my T-60 power armour shooting the f**k out of the BoS power armour wearing knights with the Broadsider. Was fairly epic, the Scribes and Aspirants all got a Railway spike to the head - one even impaled on the wall, Dead Space style. Killed Maxon with Danse's Righteous Authority weapon for the movie-esque irony.