Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those NATO memebrs are already memebrs, learn to read "all ("NEW") members" will be required to spend 2% GDP.

Wonderfull tolerant person. You clearly wear the Anti Nazi badge well.

The Estonian example is perfectly relevent, because I don't want a country on my Island that won't pull it's weight in defending these Islands from an aggressor and an aggressor is coming, very soon.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How's about GTF

Markets love uncertainty. The Westminster government have made such a fucking mess of this they have introduced uncertainty in spades. To suggest that this is all the fault of those who simply wish to control their own affairs is wrong.

I at no point suggested fault or blame here. Merely pointing out another report about financial markets and independence. As someone pointed out earlier markets always fluctuate around the time of elections. Just interesting to note this is specifically Scottish based firms who are losing value, could be a sign of things to come in the event of a yes vote - could me nothing.

I'd also like to read this credit Suisse article/report if anyone has a link that would be appreciated.

I just used sky+ to check and the headline states

Scottish Referendum

WILL RYDER CUP BE PLAYED IN INDEPENDENT SCOTLAND?

The woman states: "Colin Montgomery talks about the possibility of the Ryder Cup being played in an independent Scotland."

So I wasn't that far off with what I originally said. The wording could make you think that it is being stripped. When they came back it was just Montgomery saying that he thought sport would be a good way to heal the nation whatever happens.

I at no point suggested fault or blame here. Merely pointing out another report about financial markets and independence. As someone pointed out earlier markets always fluctuate around the time of elections. Just interesting to note this is specifically Scottish based firms who are losing value, could be a sign of things to come in the event of a yes vote - could me nothing.

I'd also like to read this credit Suisse article/report if anyone has a link that would be appreciated.

They're reacting to the uncertainty of what's happening. I'd say it's as much to do with the UK's current position on a currency union as it is independence.

I just used sky+ to check and the headline states

Scottish Referendum

WILL RYDER CUP BE PLAYED IN INDEPENDENT SCOTLAND?

The woman states: "Colin Montgomery talks about the possibility of the Ryder Cup being played in an independent Scotland."

So I wasn't that far off with what I originally said. The wording could make you think that it is being stripped. When they came back it was just Montgomery saying that he thought sport would be a good way to heal the nation whatever happens.

Not sure if they are commenting on the upcoming Ryder Cup? If so it's a bit of moot point as we won't be officially independent until 2016. Would make the upcoming event interesting though as you would expect a large contingent of rUK supporters to head up

It's my island as much as yours!

How's about be reasonable. I don't want a Scotland thats spending 1% or 0.5% on defence, thats reasonable.

In Scotland, the UK government don't have any boats patrolling our waters and as shown above have shut down (or are shutting down) a lot of the military bases. They aren't protecting us at all, mainly because we're not at threat. The Scottish Government propose us to have an armed forces that protect our assets and stay out of illegal wars. I'd say that's reasonable.

That coupled with the fact that any terrorist attack in Scotland in the last 10 years has been dealt with by a ned and a swift kick to the pie, 1% of spending on defence is more than sufficient.

Apparently they've regained their value already. The markets, there.

I don't have time to look at too many as I'm at work but RBS up 0.4% today after a fall of 3.5% yesterday. Not really grained it's value in that sense but can't really comment until it has been a few days.

Admitting you're a liar doesn't make you any less of a scumbag, sonny.

How is that admitting lying.

I replied to someone else that i did not intend to troll.

But I am happy trolling you beacause you are an intolerant little hypocrite.

someone who claims to be an anti nazi yet bubbles with partisan hate and resentment.

RBS were nearly back up to what they were on Friday earlier. Lloyds regained about half the value lost this morning, but it's falling back again now. I can only assume that the markets reacted favourably to the 50-50 poll released at midnight.

What's interesting is if you go back one month they're both at the same level as they were then. If you go back three months, RBS is up while Lloyds are down. If you go back a year RBS are slightly up while Lloyds are slightly down.

It's almost like the market is extremely volatile and basing your economy on it would be a precarious position.

Love bomb from the England fans the other night. Cute of them, didn't realise we had so many passionate Englanders living in our country that go to the away games.

It's a shame English folk can't vote, as it would be a landslide Yes victory.

Archived