Scottish Independence

xbl

Those NATO memebrs are already memebrs, learn to read "all ("NEW") members" will be required to spend 2% GDP.

Wonderfull tolerant person. You clearly wear the Anti Nazi badge well.

Now you're just bloody lying.

"Germany's defense minister has said she does not see the need to raise military spending to 2 percent of GDP. Only four of NATO's 28 members currently meet the alliance's longstanding target for defense spending."

http://www.dw.de/von-der-leyen-dubious-about-natos-2-percent-rule/a-17907143

The Estonian example is perfectly relevent, because I don't want a country on my Island that won't pull it's weight in defending these Islands from an aggressor and an aggressor is coming, very soon.

Piss off you silly fucker.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh, and :-

Foreign politicians/celebrities endorsing Yes - Great stuff.. good to see we have some support out there, weclome contribution. Always liked 'insert name here'

Foreign politicians/celebrities endorsing No - f**k off - keep your nose out of our affairs - you don't even have a vote. Scumbags

Now you're just bloody lying.

"Germany's defense minister has said she does not see the need to raise military spending to 2 percent of GDP. Only four of NATO's 28 members currently meet the alliance's longstanding target for defense spending."

http://www.dw.de/von-der-leyen-dubious-about-natos-2-percent-rule/a-17907143

Piss off you silly fucker.

You still don't get it do you. ALL NEW MEMBERS

I love the insults keep them coming it adds wieght to your argument.

For the sake of balance, it's worth noting that Credit Suisse is predicting a deep and disasterous recession with a 5-10% fall in wages and stepe unemployment coupled with a flight of capital out of scottish banks (there's that old 12x GDP figure again), re-domiciling of those banks down south,a legal wrangle over north sea oil and a failing notional Scottish currency.

Is that in the event of a Yes or a No vote?....

Cant understand why you're so aggressive and confrontational.

I'm noticing more and more this is the attitude of a growing number of YES campaigners which is actually quite worrying.

The nippy sweetie brigade seem to be coming out from under their stones all of a sudden

To be fair, they've probably been rebutting the same arguments for the last couple of years. Many of these pro-No arguments have already been comprehensively proved to be wrong, or at least inaccurate.

Must be pretty annoying seeing the same guff written down again and again and again. Especially screeds of guff, and then feeling the need to disprove some student at Glasgow Unis opinion.

I would have went for 'too long, didn't read.' At least some of these guys attempt an answer.

Foreign politicians/celebrities endorsing Yes - Great stuff.. good to see we have some support out there, weclome contribution. Always liked 'insert name here'

Foreign politicians/celebrities endorsing No - f**k off - keep your nose out of our affairs - you don't even have a vote. Scumbags

Exactly !

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink

Have we had the Supermarket's responses to the cost of shopping going up under independence.

Will there be a retraction of this blatant lie sent out to 100's of thousandsgiven the 4 major Supermarkets have exposed it as rubbish?

Won't hold my breath.....they've moved on to bigger ones now.

Morrisons
Thank you for contacting us regarding the leaflet you received.
As far as we are aware the increased cost in Ireland is due to a number of factors, the major one being the higher cost of distribution. Morrisons currently have in place a full distribution network within the current UK which would remain in place in the event of a Yes Vote. The only way we could envisage an increased cost for Scotland is if the Scottish Government were to push Scotland’s land mass away from the rest of the UK and into the North Sea.
Sainsbury's
We are unaware of any plans to implement a price increase should Scotland choose to become Independent.
TESCO
I am very sorry you are getting misinforming leaflets through your door.
I can confirm that Tesco will not increase their prices by 16% if Scotland leaves the UK.
We’ve got a great business in Scotland and our job is to create the best offer for customers whatever the outcome of the referendum.
Hope this clears the confusion up!
ASDA
Thank you for contacting us regarding information you have received regarding a possible price increase within our stores pending the outcome of Scottish Independence.
I can advise you that, as an Everyday Low Cost Company we would always strive to keep our prices as low as possible for the customer. We are unaware of any plans to implement this increase as stated in the leaflet you received

H_B - the voice of balance.

Amarite lads?

You still don't get it do you. ALL NEW MEMBERS

I love the insults keep them coming it adds wieght to your argument.

This whole defence fiasco stems from the fact that Scotland wants to be shot of nuclear weapons.

I find it ironic when I hear people say that the UK government should take Scotland for everything if they dare to vote yes.... but let's make sure and leave the nukes on their doorstep.

post-53921-14102662648338_thumb.jpg

In the event of a Yes vote Scotland ecconomy will suffer quite badly.

Who do you think said this, my "English" friend?

I have no time for those who say there is no way Scotland could go it alone. I know first-hand the contribution Scotland and Scots make to Britain's success - so for me there's no question about whether Scotland could be an independent nation.

I'm afraid it's you who does not get it. Either that or you missed the announcement by Juncker (EU Commission President) when he stated that Scotland would be treated differently to a new member as it has "already signed up to core EU requirements"

What does Junker have to do with it? Im talking about NATO.

Rassmusen is/was incharge of NATO in wales and he and Obama are clearly pissed off that many memebrs are below 2% GDP. so if Scotland wants to be in NATO 2% looks like your minium

What does Junker have to do with it? Im talking about NATO.

Rassmusen is/was incharge of NATO in wales and he and Obama are clearly pissed off that many memebrs are below 2% GDP. so if Scotland wants to be in NATO 2% looks like your minium

I don't want to be in NATO. But do you really think that if NATO wanted us to spend more than we can afford just to get membership that Scotland wouldn't tell them to go f**k themselves ?

Archived