Scottish Independence - How will you vote? MkII

Ludo*1

490 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I find a lot of the arguments I've heard from undecided voters about the lack of details confusing. Surely it is about the fundamentals of self determination. Asking for detailed plans on social and economic policy are for General Elections not for Constitutional Referenda,

Of course it's nice of the SNP to produce this White Paper but (having not read it yet) it seems that a large proportion of what is being discussed is dependant on an SNP government being returned in 2016 while the other main talking points can't fully be answered by anyone until negotiations start post-referendum unless Westminster answers some straight questions yes or no.

I read on twitter that there are kids in Glasgow getting their Christmas meal this year from a food bank. We have 98.8% of the UK's oil and we tolerate this? Do they have food banks in Norway?

Norway?

what the hell does Norway have anything to do with this?

That like me saying you should vote no as Scotland could become like south sudan.

Norway?

what the hell does Norway have anything to do with this?

That like me saying you should vote no as Scotland could become like south sudan.

Because Norway is often held up as the model we should be looking to follow to be a successful small independent country.

I hope the YES campaign are preparing other media outlets to get their message out because they certainly are not playing on a level playing field.The BBC (I suppose the clue is in the name) were not so much interviewing Salmond and Sturgeon today but accusing them .I fear the chances of a fair fight are slim.

Because Norway is often held up as the model we should be looking to follow to be a successful small independent country.

Norway didnt exactly gain independence recently nor did they piggy back of of swedens currency etc. when they did gain it.

I hope the YES campaign are preparing other media outlets to get their message out because they certainly are not playing on a level playing field.The BBC (I suppose the clue is in the name) were not so much interviewing Salmond and Sturgeon today but accusing them .I fear the chances of a fair fight are slim.

STV were the same, a grilling for Salmond and a wee conversation with Darling.

The YES campaign would be well advised to take it easy early on and slowly build up the momentum, I personally think that the don't knows are more likely to vote YES if they decide to move b4 polling day.

Edited by ayrmad

Norway didnt exactly gain independence recently nor did they piggy back of of swedens currency etc. when they did gain it.

They didn't allow anyone else to spend their oil cash either, they're now the daddybigbaws of that duo.

Think about it though...if all the broadcasting media choose to selectively edit voters of a NO persuasion.and continually accuse the YES campaign of 'fantasy politics' (dont mind searching interviews..in fact thats imperative)...how do they get a fair crack of the whip?

In a word, yes. I'd feel pretty guilty if I voted one of my parents out of a job, particularly seeing as they put a roof over my head. As much as I'd like to vote for independence, it'd throw a lot of things up in the air for me when they're pretty good at the moment.

They wouldn't be sacked. The job would be relocated elsewhere and as they're not able to relocate would have to give it up.

This guy is either totally at it or the stupidest moron I've ever encountered who doesn't claim to be a Rangers fan :rolleyes:

Or perhaps just very very young.

Edited by Apache Don