Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

• 2 weeks later...

Labour win the Motherwell South East and Ravenscraig council by-election.

I think this was very much expected.

Alba getting a big bounce after Regans defection. They almost beat the… checks Wikipedia… British Unionist Party! 

39 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Alba getting a big bounce after Regans defection. They almost beat the… checks Wikipedia… British Unionist Party! 

I know it's about 3 men and a dug but UKIP vote going up? Jeezy Peeps, man.

Yeah, at this level a 300% rise can usually be put down to more people ticking the wrong box.

has there not been some sort of scandal in the local SNP led council that has lead to some councillors stepping down?  Am I making that up?  

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Alba getting less votes than the BUP is a huge riddy.

Disillusioned SNP voters seem to be going to either Labour or the Greens instead.

The Lib Dems may as well give up!

The love a Lib Dem in Edinburgh West. Was once fertile natural Tory territory in the 70s and 80s when the seat was held by Lord James Douglas Hamilton IIRC. But voting Tory there became a real no no in the 90s as the locals decided that it was too embarrassing and that they didn't want to be seen as an absolute shower of b*****ds when the whole UK was handing the Tories their jotters.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a glossy leaflet through the door this morning from Roz McCall MSP, purporting to be her 2023 annual report. Having read and reread it, there is no single mention of the party she is a member of. I had to google her name to see she is a Tory, but I fully suspected that by the lack of any party affiliation on the leaflet.

Edited by Soapy FFC

1 hour ago, Soapy FFC said:

Got a glossy leaflet through the door this morning from Roz McCall MSP, purporting to be her 2023 annual report. Having read and reread it, there is no single mention of the party she is a member of. I had to google her name to see she is a Tory, but I fully suspected that by the lack of any party affiliation on the leaflet.

I wondered what party she was as well, the light blue on leaflet was the only clue as to who it might be.

I had to check as well to confirm what I had already thought was the case before filing them in the paper recycling. 

1 hour ago, razamanaz said:

SNP still out in front in latest Ipsos Mori Poll with the unionist vote beating themselves

voting.jpeg

The unionist vote isn't beating itself, that is the unionist vote.

Roughly just over 50% of the electorate spread over 3 parties.