Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

It would appear our rebellious Irish-Scots nature is showing the way here.

Do you have any poorly spelled banners handy that we can fly upside down?

That's the real mark of the brave crusading campaigner I find.

Dundee Mad to my surprise has a very unhealthy section of No's. There hasn't been a poll conducted but just going from the various opinions on it. Very surprising considering the city seems to largely favour the SNP and Independence from what I've seen. I may have only noticed this because the No voters seem to be permanently in outrage mode though.

I'm sure most will agree with me on this. In my day-to-day acquaintance with Celtic supporters they strike me to be the most unionist of supports after Rangers. It's definitely a weegie thing, two cheeks of the same arse.

Cool story bro,

Dont know if anybody has put this up before but Channel 4 have been running a poll - you can see the up to date results at the link below;

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1bjntrrT_1zy4eEdG8FNAPJB_-usej61UgerYAD3t-gc/viewanalytics

You might have to go through the Channel 4 website first, if so use the link below;

http://www.channel4.com/news/scotland-independence-alex-salmond-sterling-pound-europe

One thing that interests me greatly is the geographical spread of the results

Best guess

Yes

Aberdeenshire

Angus

Argyll and Bute

Dundee City

Highland

Moray

Na H-Eileanan Siar

Perth and Kinross

No

Clackmannanshire

Dumfries and Galloway

East Ayrshire

East Lothian

East Dunbartonshire

East Renfrewshire

Edinburgh

Falkirk

Fife

Glasgow

Inverclyde

Midlothian

North Ayrshire

North Lanarkshire

Orkney

Renfrewshire

Borders

Shetland

South Ayrshire

South Lanarkshire

Stirling

West Dunbartonshire

West Lothian

Too close to call

Aberdeen City(Probably leaning yes, although I can't get away from the big city, unionism feeling)

I expect somewhat of a North/South, rural/urban divide, and with the yes areas being fairly hard yes.

Yes, because it's highly instructive to compare a council with a total population of around 20,000 with one of nearly 600,000 in a situation where a simple majority of the total votes cast decides the poll. :1eye

If only there was some method that could be used to divide the whole country into areas which had roughly equal numbers of people in them.

election2011.jpg

One thing that interests me greatly is the geographical spread of the results

Best guess

Yes

Aberdeenshire

Angus

Argyll and Bute

Dundee City

Highland

Moray

Na H-Eileanan Siar

Perth and Kinross

Too close to call

Aberdeen City(Probably leaning yes, although I can't get away from the big city, unionism feeling)

I expect somewhat of a North/South, rural/urban divide, and with the yes areas being fairly hard yes.

Let's hope so, quickly followed by a udi from the United Kingdom of Pictavia & the Gaidhealtachd on September 19th.

Well that will really affect the outcome then. :rolleyes:

I wasn't suggesting that whoever wins the most councils will win, merely that I'm interested in the geographical breakdown of the result.

Fascinating, for example, that the areas that were most supportive of the Scottish parliament aren't necessarily the SNP heartlands.

More polls out today, showing a continued narrowing of the polls.

By continued narrowing I take it you mean "staying exactly the same"?

Unless you aren't referring to the TNS poll?

Yes below 30% in the polls though - that must be hugely disappointing.