Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

"Let's start with Survation's second contribution to this campaign, which shows the No camp's lead being cut by more than half"

Gutted for you, HB.

However, before we all get too carried away, it should be remembered that we can't make a truly like-for-like comparison with the last Survation poll, because John Curtice was so scathing of the methodology that Damian Lyons-Lowe (to his great credit) more or less immediately committed himself to making a significant change, which we can assume has now been implemented. Even allowing for that, though, it still seems likely that there has been significant movement to Yes.

Gutted for you :(

However, before we all get too carried away, it should be remembered that we can't make a truly like-for-like comparison with the last Survation poll, because John Curtice was so scathing of the methodology that Damian Lyons-Lowe (to his great credit) more or less immediately committed himself to making a significant change, which we can assume has now been implemented. Even allowing for that, though, it still seems likely that there has been significant movement to Yes.

Gutted for you :(

I'm just delighted you've taken the time to reply to a post I made. A refreshing change from when you ignored the ATOS question I posed to you repeatedly several weeks back.

Polls are pointless really.

I'll just stick my neck out and make a prediction for September.

Yes - 45%

No - 55%

IMO.

I think it will be closer than that.

I'd be surprised if it was any more clear cut than 53-47.

The methodology of the previous Survation poll and this one aren't the same. So they aren't like for like comparisons.

True, so there are many permutations on what the effect of Osborne's intervention might have been in that case - the most you can probably say is that the intervention has had no appreciable negative effect within Survation's polling sample (even if the entire positive swing were due to changes in methodology)

Edited by renton

I would imagine they won't.

This is one of the most interesting questions of a Post-No vote. i don't think it;s credible for the SNP to have a referendum in their manifesto in 2016, but they need soemthing to palcate the grassroots, and keep forward travel as a party moving for Scottish independence.

This is one of the most interesting questions of a Post-No vote. i don't think it;s credible for the SNP to have a referendum in their manifesto in 2016, but they need soemthing to palcate the grassroots, and keep forward travel as a party moving for Scottish independence.

Go for the Irish Republic route of "It's an aspiration for us to have a United Ireland" (But please please don't make us)