Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Think the onus is on you to back up your claim.

I don't keep back issues of Private Eye. I do however read it fortnightly. Just to keep you happy, next time they point this out, I will come back and tell you what the story was, so you can emerge blinking into the sunlight with a new understanding of how journalism works.

STV don't.

I'd suggest what STV have done is just been incredibly lazy and taken the Record story at face value without doing any background research.

In the same way a load of papers (and the BBC) were caught out a while back writing the obituary of a dead composer when they claimed he had also written songs for S Club 7 because someone had edited his Wikipedia. :lol:

Newspapers have to publish a heap of content everyday, both in print and online with ever-shrinking staff and budgets. Do people really find it that hard to believe that they take shortcuts?

I'm not defending the Record or STV here, it's poor from both of them. I'm just pointing out that this is how print journalism operates across Britain, rather than being part of a specific anti-independence agenda.

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring

Sigh. What? They publish hundreds of staories every day. Not all of them are repeated.

Newspapers dust off old stories which have already appeared in their publication, or another, and try and pass them off as something fresh and modern.

Private Eye point this out regularly. Both Carl Cort and I know this, as we regularly read the magazine.

Now, if you want to suggest we are both inventing this, then be my guest.

It is common paractice. It's not an anti yes conspiracy it's Shite journalism, which to me in an issue of national importance like this, is no better than if it was deliberate.

Don't attribute to malice that which can be explained by a lazy b*****d hack keen to sign off for his 2pm pint.

Colkitto, you're embarrassing yourself.

No, he's not. Yes supporters on here barely get an opinion out before H_B starts screaming for evidence. Why is it an issue for him to be asked to back up his assertions?

You keep on stating there are numerous examples but can't seem to be able to provide anything specific so far..

Street of Shame is a column that appears every issue in Private Eye - there are always at least a few examples of rehashed stories.

Or are you claiming said column doesn't exist?

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

I've backed up his assertions.

In the form of evidence, which he screams for on a regular basis.

It's easy to back someone up verbally.

I can confirm that Mr Bairn is a huge VL.

See?

How do you scream in post ?

Indulge me Confi and be specific.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

:)

In the form of evidence, which he screams for on a regular basis.

It's easy to back someone up verbally.

I can confirm that Mr Bairn is a huge VL.

See?

Like I said, you can't access Private Eye online, and these aren't the kind of things that I make a point of remembering. But I don't know what me and HB would get out of colluding to invent a fake section in a fortnightly magazine.

I'm genuinely surprised that people don't realise this happens all the time.

Like I said, you can't access Private Eye online, and these aren't the kind of things that I make a point of remembering. But I don't know what me and HB would get out of colluding to invent a fake section in a fortnightly magazine.

I'm genuinely surprised that people don't realise this happens all the time.

You appear to be missing the point.

Does anyone else cringe when Mr Bairn uses the 'NCC' term?

Doesn't really register when any of the other Unionists use it.

Maybe it's because he's a young 'un.

Does anyone else cringe when Mr Bairn uses the 'NCC' term?

Doesn't really register when any of the other Unionists use it.

Maybe it's because he's a young 'un.

Tbh, I cringe when they all use it. Deetillehdeh I think he's called used it earlier. I cringed.

Though, yeah, it is super-cringey when Scrappy Doo uses it.