Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

NO will win easily now, how close we came to the brink though. Shocking.

You do realise that even a poll of polls containing guys like Ipsos that hasn't reported in ages is showing a statistical tie at this point, right?

Edited by renton

Not quite the same comparison though is it?

Risk to your football team versus risk to your job/pension/financial security.

It's easy to blame the MSM but they have had quite a few open goals provided in the shape of the SG's proposed economic policy.

Presenting CU as a fait accompli.

No detailed plan B.

Oil revenue estimates that bear no relation to reality.

I could go on.

If there were a No I suspect that there will be a lot of finger-pointing internally within the SNP. Salmond might take some of that flak, for example, due to his performance in the first debate. The other person who I think would have to shoulder some responsibility is the Finance Minister John Swinney.

Remember him? The invisible man of the Yes campaign team.

Swinney on radio Scotland right now.

NO will win easily now, how close we came to the brink though. Shocking.

It's Darlings fault we aren't winning this out the park. What a terrible campaign he and Better Together have ran.

If we had had a half competent leader of the campaign we would be ahead by 20 points.

We will still win of course, but not by the margin we should have won by.

It's going to be close.

The fact that Aberdeen is the last place for the results to be announced annoys the f**k out of me.

If Yes is leading and the city I love tips the balance for a No vote at 6am I'll be literally seething :lol:

It's Darlings fault we aren't winning this out the park. What a terrible campaign he and Better Together have ran.

If we had had a half competent leader of the campaign we would be ahead by 20 points.

Whilst you've exaggerated the winning total, I agree with this. Better Together had a huge majority to begin with and it's been frittered away by an absolute incompetent who is now relying on his pals in the media to scare people into voting no. If he is genuinely the best that Labour/the Conservatives have to offer in Scotland, they really are dead in the water up here.

Always a major player in the public opinion market, the Fitba North polls went as follows...

With 41 days to go, the poll looked like this...
YES - independence from the Union 56% [32]
NO - remain as part of the Union 44% [25]
With a month to go, it looked like this...
YES - independence from the Union 68% [15]
NO - remain as part of the Union 32% [7]
On the morning of the first day of the month in which the election takes places, it looked like this...
YES - independence from the Union 57% [13]
NO - remain as part of the Union 43% [10]
With one week to go, it looked like this...
YES - independence from the Union 66% [23]
NO - remain as part of the Union 34% [12]

Looking good. :thumsup2 However the sample size gives a margin of error of + or - 24%. :P

Various rumours about SNP's own polls showing a YES lead. I'm sure it was similar prior to the last Scottish Elections.

Most important thing is no despondency or complacency.

I can remember AS and NS saying in the run up to the 2011 Scottish Elections that their own polls were suggesting a very different result to the usual ones. They were right. Perhaps they sense the mood and aspirations of the nation by consulting P&B.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

My my, look who's decided to show up.

Funny that.

Lex, you really are the most fair-weatherest of No supporters.

I can remember AS and NS saying in the run up to the 2011 Scottish Elections that their own polls were suggesting a very different result to the usual ones. They were right. Perhaps they sense the mood and aspirations of the nation by consulting P&B.

The itneresting thing is that Murdoch's tweet about Yes internal polling has Ye su by the same basic margin as No's internal polling - according to the un-named MP that Sky news were tweetnig about yesterday.

Rumours and probable bullshit, but there you go.

Whilst you've exaggerated the winning total, I agree with this. Better Together had a huge majority to begin with and it's been frittered away by an absolute incompetent who is now relying on his pals in the media to scare people into voting no. If he is genuinely the best that Labour/the Conservatives have to offer in Scotland, they really are dead in the water up here.

Sadly, in the event of a NO vote that is not the case.

If it's a YES vote there will be a political realignment in Scotland and some of the dead wood in the Scottish version of the Labour Party will be marginalised.

However if NO wins it will be business as usual, the people who are presently running the Unionist parties will continue to do so. That's a pretty depressing thought whichever side of the debate you are on.

My my, look who's decided to show up.

Funny that.

Lex, you really are the most fair-weatherest of No supporters.

Didn't we talk on here a few days ago?

Sorry if you missed me pal, I simply cannot devote as much of my life to this forum as you can.