Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Many of them know as much, if not more about politics and the economy than a lot of the adults who will be voting. They are far more switched on to new media and can research far more than the majority of those in the 60+ bracket. They will also be affected by this decision far more than the majority of the electorate. Regardless of which decision is taken, it is absolutely right that they lowered the voting age as much as is practically possible.

Shame a lot of them won't be able to vote in a general election for another 5 1/2 years. If only westminster treated them with the same respect as the Scottish government.

I know a lot of pupils I teach are voting and will be voting Yes - but that's Dundee and may not be replicated elsewhere. What I do see though is that irrespective of which side they are on the level of understanding of the issues is superficial (bar those that are Modern Studies students).

I would agree with this but in West Lothian it's probably no that's shading it.

Even if Yes lose it's hard to argue against the train of thought that this campaign has seen a leap forward for the Independence movement as a whole. Not only has the country become more politicised it seems more Scots than ever back the idea of an Independent Scotland.

Even if Yes lose it's hard to argue against the train of thought that this campaign has seen a leap forward for the Independence movement as a whole. Not only has the country become more politicised it seems more Scots than ever back the idea of an Independent Scotland.

I would agree with this. I think it's definitely moved things forward from a 1/3rd of the electorate to nearer half.

That ICM poll is a cracking figure for Yes considering the last few days. Still behind, but within the margin of error and a bawhair in it.

Although more polls to come. Wonder if us canny north Brits will revert back to our boxes after more ''Shock n' aww".

Condescending pish. Try saying that to my son or any of his mates and you'll have your balls to play with.

Given that this the current crop of teenagers will be the generation most affected by this I think it is perfectly reasonable to allow them a say in their own future even if they decide to vote No.

There's a VERY strong case for denying 65+ people a vote on this particular issue for the opposite reason.

This is democracy. At 16 you are an adult - school or not - and it's time to start giving those people real responsibility.

Boaky Oaky :lol:

VERY strong case for denying over 65's the vote aye? I've read some pish on here, but that takes the urinal cake.

Condescending pish. Try saying that to my son or any of his mates and you'll have your balls to play with.

Given that this the current crop of teenagers will be the generation most affected by this I think it is perfectly reasonable to allow them a say in their own future even if they decide to vote No.

There's a VERY strong case for denying 65+ people a vote on this particular issue for the opposite reason.

This is democracy. At 16 you are an adult - school or not - and it's time to start giving those people real responsibility.

VERY strong case for denying over 65's the vote aye? I've read some pish on here, but that takes the urinal cake.

My last canvass tonight. Coming across virtually no undecideds now on doorsteps - less than 5%.

Canvassed an area where the houses don't come much below 350k I would guess. Yes on around 60% but if I include people who say they don't want to say as No voters it would be Yes on 52%.

Canvassed a few footballers tonight too and now know how half the united team are voting so if you see me with a new hate figure in the United threads you will know why.

Edited by invergowrie arab

My last canvass tonight. Coming across virtually no undecideds now on doorsteps - less than 5%.

Canvassed an area where the houses don't come much below 350k I would guess. Yes on around 60% but if I include people who say they don't want to say as No voters it would be Yes on 52%.

Canvassed a few footballers tonight too and now know how half the united team are voting so if you see me with a new hate figure in the United threads you will know why.

Just 1 new hate figure for you in the United team?

That sounds encouraging.