Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Agree that a 'No' vote is not likely to create any dramatic moments where we can stand up instantly and say 'this is what you have caused' save for a refusal to give Holyrood any more devolved powers or a well reported retraction of the Barnett formula with no interim measures to offset.

What annoys me so much is that we will never be able to know what we could have done with a 'Yes' vote if we vote 'No'. There are elements of the SNP that I'm not overly enamoured with but I do believe that with more influence from other (possibly new) parties we could build a parliament that moves away from the disgraceful behavour we see from the politicians of today (from all persuasions).

I'll be honest, on green issues I'm in the tinfoil hat wearing side alongside Reynard and yet I find even the chance that we could produce all our electricty from renewables an exciting prospect, I've openly stated that I've voted Tory since 97 but I realise that when I've listened to speakers talking about poverty and foodbanks my subconcious mind forces me to look downward in shame, effectively I'm taking part of the blame on my own shoulders without realising it at the time.

I hope that regardless of outcome this vote acts as a catalyst for a new vision that the majority of us can fall behind, I believe our youth holds the key to that and they are now engaged.

Guardian has a poll at 12:30. If its ICM then there result for Yes\No will likely be "Lib Dems surge ahead".

Combination mobile/landline poll. Will be interesting to see as it's the only ICM phone poll to date - and traditionally Yes have struggled in the Ipsos phone polls. They've brought it forward massively as well which suggests a bad result for Yes as well.

Combination mobile/landline poll. Will be interesting to see as it's the only ICM phone poll to date - and traditionally Yes have struggled in the Ipsos phone polls. They've brought it forward massively as well which suggests a bad result for Yes as well.

Young\low income are "poorly represented" in landline polls. ICMs GE polling tends to weight heavily on how you voted last time (hence the big whig dem results compared to others).

As for bringing it forward, page hits trump politics with all newspapers today. Any poll will bring in the page hits this week.

(Id be willing to guess a largish No lead that means very little)
Edited by dorlomin

I hope all the 16 year olds and a large swathe of the 17 year olds that are voting in this election realise that they won't be voting in the General Election because the UK governement think they are too stupid to understand politics.

If they are voting no, do they understand that their opinion then won't matter for another 5 1/2 years.

Edited by strichener

The unprecedented political engagement generated by the campaign shines through in the poll, which finds 87% of respondents describing themselves as “absolutely certain to vote”, far more than the 55% who said the same thing about the next Westminster election in the most recent UK-wide Guardian/ICM poll.

Unfickingreal.