Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

... and no one is saying the media is the reason yes will lose,

No, what we've been hearing is open mouthed astonishment that it's still close after ALL THE MEEDJA.!!!

It's embarrassing. Yes supporters have really excelled theirselves in nonsense over the past fortnight. I think the couple of decent polls created a frenzy that has actually made things feel worse as many people thought it was won, only to find.. it isn't.

It's much easier to blame someone else for a defeat, other than that people just aren't interested.

If Yes win I will congratualte the campaigners and fully accept that they deserved to win. That's the way it should be,

If there is a minority in Scotland it's clearly hardcore no voters.

Eh, we'll find out who the minority is in less than a week's time. Currently, if the polls are to be trusted, it's Yes voters.

If Yes win it will be because more people want secession than not.

If No win it will be because fewer people want secession than not.

It's really that simple.

Many of them know as much, if not more about politics and the economy than a lot of the adults who will be voting. They are far more switched on to new media and can research far more than the majority of those in the 60+ bracket. They will also be affected by this decision far more than the majority of the electorate. Regardless of which decision is taken, it is absolutely right that they lowered the voting age as much as is practically possible.

I know a lot of pupils I teach are voting and will be voting Yes - but that's Dundee and may not be replicated elsewhere. What I do see though is that irrespective of which side they are on the level of understanding of the issues is superficial (bar those that are Modern Studies students).

Eh, we'll find out who the minority is in less than a week's time. Currently, if the polls are to be trusted, it's Yes voters.

If Yes win it will be because more people want secession than not.

If No win it will be because fewer people want secession than not.

It's really that simple.

Are you saying that the mass media have no impact or influence on public opinion?

I know a lot of pupils I teach are voting and will be voting Yes - but that's Dundee and may not be replicated elsewhere. What I do see though is that irrespective of which side they are on the level of understanding of the issues is superficial (bar those that are Modern Studies students).

I would say that the vast majority of the electorate have at most a superficial knowledge of the issue.

Are you saying that the mass media have no impact or influence on public opinion?

It might do.

Alex Salmond's lies on the NHS, repeated in the media, swayed some people. That's politics. I'm not crying about it.

You make it seem effortless. I'll give you that.

It's a very simple topic.

Should we be up in arms about people reading Wings over Scotland and NewsNat and getting a biased level of nonsense on that, and repeating it on Facebook, convincing idiots to change their mind?

No. Social media, and internet blog lies, has been a weapon used quite well by the Nationalists in this campaign. Good luck to them. It's all a game.

Did not want to say that - would no doubt get a few verbal bricks thrown in my direction.

In all honesty I include myself in that. There are parts of it I understand fairly well, but a lot of it I don't have a clue what the effect will be either way.

In all honesty I include myself in that. There are parts of it I understand fairly well, but a lot of it I don't have a clue what the effect will be either way.

There's nothing wrong with this.

I'd say the electorate is more informed about this than any other vote in the last 100 years. Not that this is saying much, but I think a lot of people are giving it a go that would previously not have even looked at a manifesto.

I've been pleasantly surprised by the chat I've heard at work. It's been good natured and a pretty good grasp of the issues from most people.

Did not want to say that - would no doubt get a few verbal bricks thrown in my direction.

Why? Do you think the people who post on here assume the electorate are all knowledgeable?

TBH I'd rather folk were having a superficial discussion rather than no discussion at all, there's always the possibility it could lead to greater things.

Why? Do you think the people who post on here assume the electorate are all knowledgeable?

TBH I'd rather folk were having a superficial discussion rather than no discussion at all, there's always the possibility it could lead to greater things.

Agreed. It's led to people questioning things they previously wouldn't have been interested in around whether we are a net contributor to the UK economy etc.