Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

The same group of people who either were too inept to see the world's worst global recession or, in many cases, too corrupt to blow the whistle and instead lined their trousers and got in the only lifeboat whilst the ship went down. These are definitely the kind of people we want to be listening to. Aye right!

Which, ironically, was one of the main causes of the Great Depression.

The same group of people who either were too inept to see the world's worst global recession or, in many cases, too corrupt to blow the whistle and instead lined their trousers and got in the only lifeboat whilst the ship went down. These are definitely the kind of people we want to be listening to. Aye right!

Really? Sub Prime mortgage lending companies knew of the NINJA issues in the US in 2007 and began to tighten lending criteria as far as they could. Greedy politicians were to blame and I think you'll find that the economists did know. They couldn't stop it. In the same way the only support for Salmond's models have come from a fund manager in Aberdeen. The models are predictive and don't factor in the turmoil that Scotland would go through in the "negotiations period".

However that's not my point. My point is how well do you think an isolated Scotland will get through this? If there's economic strife and there's no support. Salmond has talked about walking away from debts and ignoring responsibilities.

How well do you think negotiations are going to go for an imbecile who has sought to isolate? I'll say it again....think it through

Edited by Banterous

Labour in Scotland must be seething at the vast numbers of traditional Labour voters who are supporting YES.

Their canvassers must be getting it thrown in their faces on the doorstep.

Rather than addressing the question as to why they'll probably just repeat some of the nonsense that's been spouted on here about Salmond's influence.

They're traditionally bad losers, but don't learn from their mistakes.

the rest of the UK aren't going to help Scotland out.

Nobody expects them to. They haven't so far, and independence won't make any difference to that.

They will act for what they perceive to be their own best interests, just like now.

Edited by MassiveFanDan

First one for a while outside 3% of the 50 mark.

Do you seriously give any credence to these orchestrated polls. they are a very small survey group with very little appropriate filtering of demographics. I see you're along way off from home but what's happening on the streets today is phenomenal and paints a very different picture.