Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Unless circumstances dramatically change over the next few years, another referendum in the next parliament would be utterly moronic.

That's why it won't happen. I want an independent Scotland as much as anyone but having a referendum in the next parliament would be sheer stupidity.

Correct. The SNP know better than to put it in their manifesto and will receive more support as a result.

Panel base poll SNP45% LAB28% CON15% UKIP: 7% Lib Dem: 3% Green: 1% if #indyref was tomorrow how would you vote? Yes: 51% No: 49% WOW!!!!!

The fact that 28% would still vote Labour is astonishing. It seems you can indeed fool some of the people all of the time.

The 7% for UKIP is worrying; nowhere near English levels but still 7% too many. Maybe if the mainstream parties (including the SNP) addressed EU issues the support for this lot would wane.

Panel base poll SNP45% LAB28% CON15% UKIP: 7% Lib Dem: 3% Green: 1% if #indyref was tomorrow how would you vote? Yes: 51% No: 49% WOW!!!!!

You have to love them "Nat's", all the way up to the #indyref was the only poll that matters is the 18th of September, but now the polls are good for them and now they are really important, hypocrites, that is all

Can't even believe it's up for debate tbh, there's almost no circumstances were I could see another referendum in the next Scottish parliament being a good idea for both the SNP and the independence movement.
unionist parties would love another referendum. Could the SNP afford to not put one in their manifesto given their grassroots support for one?

unionist parties would love another referendum. Could the SNP afford to not put one in their manifesto given their grassroots support for one?

60000 new members all expect it to be in the manifesto, depends how they do in 2015, but we will wait and see

60000 new members all expect it to be in the manifesto, depends how they do in 2015, but we will wait and see

Where does this idea come from?

I know one of the guys who has joined and he isn't particularly looking for a referendum in the next parliament.

It appears to be a Reynard invention - to somehow create a story when the manifesto is released.

I know one of the guys who has joined and he isn't particularly looking for a referendum in the next parliament.

It appears to be a Reynard invention - to somehow create a story when the manifesto is released.

2 guys in my work are new members. Neither of them want another referendum anytime soon.

Have a look at cokkitos or whatever his moniker is and you will see how fragile some SNP supporters are.

I joined the SNP following the referendum result. I'd like to see a commitment to another referendum in the manifesto. I won't burst into tears if it isn't. Anidotal stuff like this is pretty irrelevant.

In politics each of us is driven by his/her personal experience and vision. I am now convinced that the best option for the Scottish people in the coming decades is independence. I think the spin off benefits for the rest of the UK would be very positive. The sooner it happens the better, though there are practical considerations.

Immediately post the referendum I thought it would be at least 15 years until the next referendum. I am now confident that it will be before then.