Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

10 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Maggie with only 10%, must be recency bias at play there.

After the shellacking the Tories take at the next GE, I am expecting them to attempt to re-animate her corpse or clone her.

She stopped being Prime Minister 34 years ago.  I suspect a lot of people will choose someone whose leadership has happened in their lifetime.

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

David Cameron who had a policy which actively killed people beating Gordon Brown :lol:

Big Dave is criminally low there.

9 hours ago, D Angelo Barksdale said:

There's already an element of it now, but in the years to come I think we'll see a move to slowly phase out the WW2 and Churchill nostalgia that certain types hark back to and replace it with Maggie as a time when Britain was great.

Really ? I'd be stunned if Britain gave up its massive stauner for the war anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Really ? I'd be stunned if England gave up its massive stauner for the war anytime soon.

FTFY.

On 16/02/2024 at 11:41, Dunning1874 said:

Always a tricky business basing what will happen in a GE on by-elections, but this seems a fairly likely outcome for England and Wales. Labour staying around their 2019 vote in real terms and that being enough to sweep them to a landslide majority, as the Tory vote disappears with a small portion of it going to Reform but the vast majority just staying at home.

Which in turn means you'd think it wouldn't take long in opposition for the Tory vote to rebound and Labour to be scrambling in the polls within a year of government once some crisis or other hits, but if the Tories have done so badly they end up below 100 seats all bets are off in terms of what happens from there, what nutter they elect as leader and how fragmented they become.

Hopefully the tories fall into the trap of putting their wildest right wing fantasies in their manifesto. Then it will be difficult for the likes of Braverman to lead the Tories imo when they still lose the election later this year. 

18 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Hopefully the tories fall into the trap of putting their wildest right wing fantasies in their manifesto. Then it will be difficult for the likes of Braverman to lead the Tories imo when they still lose the election later this year. 

I think it's inevitable they will lurch to the right in the wake of the GE result. It's pretty much the old "swivel-eyed" eurosceptic lot ruling the roost right now, hence why there has been practically no actual governance since 2019. I can't see many of the ideologues having an epiphany because the electorate overwhelmingly rejected them, more likely they will conclude they simply were not right-wing enough, and the cycle of appointing easily manipulated arseholes with tons of personal ambition and no actual understanding of government will continue. I think it's nailed-on to be some absolute horror of a human being like Badenoch or Braverman, and complete idiots will still genuinely try to argue they are the party of equality and opportunity because "look, brown woman" despite the fact that some of the very worst examples of Tory politicians are brown and/or women.

25 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Is that who he is?

Not entirely sure butI have a feeling it may well be.  It will be confirmed if he refers to the Truss / Kwasy Kwasi Kwateng budget as "excactly the right budgetary measures at the right time"

16 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Maggie with only 10%, must be recency bias at play there.

After the shellacking the Tories take at the next GE, I am expecting them to attempt to re-animate her corpse or clone her.

They tried it with Truss but the wiring kept shorting. 

4 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

Not entirely sure butI have a feeling it may well be.  It will be confirmed if he refers to the Truss / Kwasy Kwasi Kwateng budget as "excactly the right budgetary measures at the right time"

"If you think my view that Hitler was left-wing is outre, you should talk to my awful wife! I admit that I don't know much about this or any other issue, but always happy to listen to other views"

The fascists calling themselves centre-right is part of the effort to reposition the Overton window and make their views acceptable again. They literally discuss this with each other, and consider the general populace untermensch for allowing them to do it (among other reasons).

Also, Thatcher was a great Prime Minister. She did exactly what she set out to do, in the same way that whichever suicidal world leader is successful in starting the nuclear holocaust will also have been.

37 minutes ago, BFTD said:

The fascists calling themselves centre-right is part of the effort to reposition the Overton window and make their views acceptable again. They literally discuss this with each other, and consider the general populace untermensch for allowing them to do it (among other reasons).

The other trick is ridiculing anyone to the left of them as "woke", which has succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The other trick is labelling anyone to the left of them as "woke", which has succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.

Can't we switch back to "right-on"? I always preferred that to PC.

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Can't we switch back to "right-on"? I always preferred that to PC.

PC usually just meant old fashioned politeness that you'd think Rees Mogg types would be in favour of.

44 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The other trick is ridiculing anyone to the left of them as "woke", which has succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.

Yep - it's used to close down debate - unfortunately there's a lot of gullible people who lap that sort of thing up.

Im always suspicious of Polls and Im not sure the SNP will face as bad an election as is at times predicted. The times has an article on this polling and theres a few points stand out.  Voting the Tories out is a priority it seems for a lot of voters in Scotland and thats why Labour is being considered. Regardless of how Salmond is viewed now, his time as FM is looked on as being well run and Indy was always moving forward.

Now the SNP is looked on as having "run out of steam" under Sturgeon. Yousaf as FM hasnt changed that and maybe made it seem even worse and leaderless at the moment.

I wonder how many SNP members who voted for Yousaf are happy with where the party is now?. Did anyone on here want Yousaf as leader and how do they think he is doing? Whats the general consensus on him so far within the SNP voter base?