Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

21 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

More chance of Scotland winning the Euros than SNP winning up there. 

I see you posted that before our absolute drubbing of European footballing giants last night.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I see you posted that before our absolute drubbing of European footballing giants last night.

The point still remains. Hell will freeze over before the SNP win in Shetland. 

On those numbers about 100 Labour MPs could set up a new party and become the official opposition, ask Sir Keir Starmer friendly questions every week at PMQs, and the remaining Labour MPs would still have a majority of well over 100.

4 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

On those numbers about 100 Labour MPs could set up a new party and become the official opposition, ask Sir Keir Starmer friendly questions every week at PMQs, and the remaining Labour MPs would still have a majority of well over 100.

It's pretty much inevitable that Labour MPs will set up a new party every twenty years or so anyway.

Hopefully the next one doesn't sound as much like a financial institution. Pretty sure I had investments through The Independent Group and an SDP current account in the Eighties.

Just now, JS_FFC said:

Maybe it’s reform that are going to squeeze the Tory vote rather than vice versa 

The findings of that poll are fucking hilarious and fucking frightening in equal measure.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The findings of that poll are fucking hilarious and fucking frightening in equal measure.

Hilarious and good imo. The right of centre vote is split almost equally between two parties which is a disastrous strategy under FPTP. One of the reasons the Tories won a majority last time is because the then Brexit Party stood aside and gave the Conservatives a free run at uniting the right of centre vote (plus some lended “get Brexit done” votes).

I would absolutely love to see the right split their vote down the middle and hand Labour an absolutely whomping majority.

We are heading for a Tory/Reform deal. Hopefully the price is a promise to hold a referendum on PR.

I'm not sure what else Reform offer apart from Farage and anti immigration, two cards which they've played this week. 

8 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

We are heading for a Tory/Reform deal. Hopefully the price is a promise to hold a referendum on PR.

I'm not sure what else Reform offer apart from Farage and anti immigration, two cards which they've played this week. 

Reform aren’t going to do a deal that involves standing aside en masse. They know the Tories aren’t going to win so the Tory concession to them won’t actually be achieved.

If there’s a deal it’ll just be to stand aside in some Tory shire seats in return for the Tories standing aside in Brexity shitholes like Clacton to allow Farage and a few other Reform candidates to win their seats.

But personally I think there won’t be any pact. Farage has a genuine chance here to pick up about 25% of the vote and win dozens of seats. Tory + Reform has been consistently polling about 35% for months and I genuinely believe Reform can end up winning the majority of that 35%.

Reform is a Trojan Horse to get Nigel Farage a seat, primarily to give him a strong hand with the Tories to negotiate a defection and safe seat rather than overtaking them in the polls. 

If he pulls that off then he could lead the Tories whenever he wanted - their membership obviously cream over him and in the current climate, even senior MPs would too. 

Labour will have an unprecedented amount of power but not the slightest idea how to use it and will be easy pickings for a fascist, populist opposition. 

45 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

I would absolutely love to see the right split their vote down the middle and hand Labour an absolutely whomping majority.

What do you think Labour will do with such a majority?  Anything radical?  Will they implement the sort of measures the country is crying out for?

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

What do you think Labour will do with such a majority?  Anything radical?  Will they implement the sort of measures the country is crying out for?

Yes - they are going to sort out NHS waiting lists, halve violence against women and girls, bring in taxpayer owned players into the energy market and railways, and manage the economy prudently without raising the big three personal taxes. What’s not to like?

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

No.

No.

No.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

22 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Yes - they are going to sort out NHS waiting lists, halve violence against women and girls, bring in taxpayer owned players into the energy market and railways, and manage the economy prudently without raising the big three personal taxes. What’s not to like?

You interested in buying a bridge?

27 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

images (2).jpeg

4 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

Hilarious and good imo. The right of centre vote is split almost equally between two parties which is a disastrous strategy under FPTP. One of the reasons the Tories won a majority last time is because the then Brexit Party stood aside and gave the Conservatives a free run at uniting the right of centre vote (plus some lended “get Brexit done” votes).

And a whopping Labour majority would disastrous for Scotland.

3 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

Utter bollocks. Where"s the money for this coming. Higher taxes than even the Tories? Labour are too shit scared to do that!