black friday

pub car king

How businesses must be laughing at these utter drones. Click their fingers and showers of dreadful morons jump. Despicable shameful piles of garbage.

I hope they get home then open their box and sit back and wonder to themselves just why they spunked loads of cash on something they don't need and behaved like a piece of shit whilst doing so. The 'bargain' they got was no such thing; they were easily manipulated like the mindless puppets they are in to buying something they don't need. So they think they saved hundreds of quid but really wasted hundreds of quid being easily duped.

At least that's how I see it.

^^^^^ jealous he's not sat in front of a new 50" TV!

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just dont get this at all, its all anyone was talking about at work, and even on the frikkin news, Black Friday used to be the last Friday before christmas when all the a/holes that never normally got drunk went to the pub and got drunk, caused fights, raped co-workers and generally made city centres unbearable. SO now Black Friday is the day after 'thanksgiving' a day that has sod all to do with this country and for some reason makes people stay outside shopping centres like zombies for opening in the morning. I am so frikking confused by this concept.

These morons have no conscience or sense of society at all. Same arseholes who would rather sit at home doing nothing than work.

Usually you see them hanging about in Asda blocking the aisles chatting away to fellow halfwits oblivious to everyone.

...comparing their latest neck/face tattoos.

I just dont get this at all, its all anyone was talking about at work, and even on the frikkin news, Black Friday used to be the last Friday before christmas when all the a/holes that never normally got drunk went to the pub and got drunk, caused fights, raped co-workers and generally made city centres unbearable. SO now Black Friday is the day after 'thanksgiving' a day that has sod all to do with this country and for some reason makes people stay outside shopping centres like zombies for opening in the morning. I am so frikking confused by this concept.

The other (and original 'Black Friday', i.e. the last Friday before Christmas which you have described so succinctly), still exists. I have no idea why this new American one is called Black Friday though.

The other (and original 'Black Friday', i.e. the last Friday before Christmas which you have described so succinctly), still exists. I have no idea why this new American one is called Black Friday though.

It's apparently so called because being at the end of November, a slow month for sales it puts the retailers into the black for that month and kick starts the Christmas madness.

A really crass concept imo!

think i must have missed the memo about this one. How bad is society that people fight over consumer goods, a loaf of bread i might understand but a frikkin TV. Without trying to sound too political, we had a chance Scotland to turn our back on this capitalism i.e greed, and venture into a new form of society, a kinder society maybe not richer but definitely better than this surely.

Aye cos work is the be all and end all of course. You MUST have a job, no matter how miserable it makes you feel, or else you're utter scum.

Did you lose your job or something?

You seem upset.

I'm sitting here winning. It's been a while since I bought a new telly and have under estimated

1 the size of this thing it's gonna take getting used to.

2 I've underestimated the quality of HD but it's also bizarre being able to see the beads of sweat on Roberto martinez's brow.

3 my wife's not home yet so will have to run the gauntlet of why have you bought such a f**k off telly.

RIP Panasonic viera 9 years of faultless service. We've been through so much together Mcfadden in Paris that debacle in Prague heartbreak against Italy rovers winning the Diddy cup in dramatic fashion and far too much peppa pig.

:D

I was thinking about heading into Asda first thing today to see what bargains were there, thank God I didn't bother as I reckon if anybody started pushing and shoving me around a supermarket I'd have fuckin halfed them.

These clowns disrupting their sleeping patterns and queuing for hours for an Xbox One and I've just bought one online in under 2 mins with GTA V for £289.99 :)

In a similar vein. I checked on PC worlds website earlier just to see if all this queueing and fighting was worthwhile. As it turns out I could reserve a 48" LG LED telly for £300 down from £500 and stroll in to any store in the next 48 hours and pick it up.

What a bunch of mouth breathers. :lol:

Edit: Not that I did, I don't need a telly. Just fancied seeing how short in supply things were, turns out not in short supply at all.

Went to Tesco in Keith today and there were about 13 people there. I did wonder what was going on, had to step out for air, only wanted an onion.

Were the deals in store much better than the online ones? Got a tv this morning online heavily discounted online, no fuss, then this evening on the news saw folk almost fighting over what I'm pretty sure was the same tv.

I got a pasta salad out of Margiotta's for a quid, down from about £2.79. I think it was a quid because it was out of date, rather than as part of the Black Friday festivities. However, the incessant farting and general gastric shenanigans have been worth way more than a quid. Bargain.

Archived