Helicopter crashes into Clutha pub, Glasgow

The Master

Horrid news of the casualties and fatalities. And there could be more. Fucking hell. Going from what was being reported from a few places last night there were always going to be fatalities but still hard to take in when official numbers are given out.

Edited by meanmistermustard

Reporter: 'theres blood on your shirt Jim'

Jim Murphy: '......Its not mine'

Talk about opportunistic.

2 things:

1 - Utter SCENES

2 - Jim Murphy is a despicable c**t of a man.

I'm not a fan of the whole 'only in Glasgow' stuff, but seriously, I can't think of anywhere else that a guy could stop his car and run into a crumbling building to try and help save lives, and be met with such levels of derision and abuse.

In that split second, when a fucking helicopter was crashing through a fucking pub roof and killing people, does anyone GENUINELY believe Jim Murphy's first thoughts when he stopped his car and ran to try and help, were 'this could be a vote winner'?

If so, seek help.

The top man of the polis says they won't know the extent till the chopper is removed. This could yet get worse.

I feel sorry for the families of the people who are still inside. At least with my relative I know he's safe and in hospital being well cared for.

That poses the difficult decision of do you just remove the chopper and risk a collapse, potentially killing people who are trapped but alive, or take a longer time to move it potentially causing people to die through lack of water and air(if they are fully enclosed)

From a selfish point of view I'm glad my daughter is out in Glasgow tonight rather than last night, I'd have been up there in an irresponsibly fast time.

As for Jim Murphy, I don't care if he was just 1 of the people outside dishing out fags or offering a shoulder or words of encouragement,everyone there can't be a Rambo and he certainly never implied he was in that bracket, he handled the interviews in "politician in front of camera" mode as much as he could, you develop skills to use them when required, he tried his best to utilise those skills, his eyes showed the horror he felt and the question about his shirt was obviously something he wasn't expecting, it's ok to cry, I wish more west coast men would do it.

From a selfish point of view I'm glad my daughter is out in Glasgow tonight rather than last night, I'd have been up there in an irresponsibly fast time.

As for Jim Murphy, I don't care if he was just 1 of the people outside dishing out fags or offering a shoulder or words of encouragement,everyone there can't be a Rambo and he certainly never implied he was in that bracket, he handled the interviews in "politician in front of camera" mode as much as he could, you develop skills to use them when required, he tried his best to utilise those skills, his eyes showed the horror he felt and the question about his shirt was obviously something he wasn't expecting, it's ok to cry, I wish more west coast men would do it.

If a chopper lands on a pub last night, there is nothing to suggest it wont happen tonight.

You're coming across as a very irresponsible parent.

Its not his shirt. He confirmed that.

If a chopper lands on a pub last night, there is nothing to suggest it wont happen tonight.

You're coming across as a very irresponsible parent.

I'm more of a worrier when it comes to my closest IIBH. :)

Thanks again for all the kind words.

She was my fiancées cousin, and she was as close to me as most people are to their partners cousins I guess. My missus is really upset as they were very close when they were younger.

I had met her at weddings and family gatherings as most people meet their partners extended family. She was gregarious and full of life. One of those people you'd like to get to know better.

Her husband is a top bloke and a huge Morton fan. My thoughts are with him and his children - Kirsty's stepchildren - at this difficult time.

In that split second, when a fucking helicopter was crashing through a fucking pub roof and killing people, does anyone GENUINELY believe Jim Murphy's first thoughts when he stopped his car and ran to try and help, were 'this could be a vote winner'?

Probably not but being a proven dickhead already isn't going to help his case.

I saw the interview. He was acting like he was in a fucking action movie.

Im old enough to remember the gas explosion in Clarkston, and I lived there. This is so tragic, at any time of yea,r but especially now. When my dad collapsed a few weeks ago I realised how quickly your life and world can change. He has had a pacemaker fitted and is on the mend , but I got the fright of my life. Life is precious and we should embrace every minute of it.

Very much agree with this. Don't much like the guy as a politician and I have never in my life voted Labour, but his actions and words last night were very much genuine imo.

My criteria was that lots of posters on here wouldn't even know whether their family and friends weren't involved at the time of some posts.

So every time there's an incident we should do a headcount of nearest and dearest before we post? It's tragic for those involved, exaggerating grief and shock then carrying on as if nothing happened is more insulting than the odd smart remark.