Helicopter crashes into Clutha pub, Glasgow

The Master

He was saying we could be proud of the people of Scotland - St Andrew is the patron saint of Scotland.

Dumbass.

I dont really care what sky fairy connotations days have.

I've been giving it some thought and I still can't get into the whole 'RIP/thoughts with the families' mindset. It just seems mawkish and insincere. Obviously if I was caught up in the thing, or knew relatives who were caught up in it, or lived locally, I might feel differently. As it is, it just feels like another of the accidents/ tragedies that you see regularly on the news.

I always feel it's a bit worse when one of these accidents/tragedies happens in the run up to Christmas, as it's usually a time when there's a bit of a feel good vibe going about.

I think Alex Salmond was the 'victim' of editing. The radio and TV repeatedly all went with the short piece where he said about the black day and also St Andrew's day and then about pride etc. It sounded a bit glib but it was part of a much wider 'speech' which was much more rounded and appropriate.

I think Alex Salmond was the 'victim' of editing. The radio and TV repeatedly all went with the short piece where he said about the black day and also St Andrew's day and then about pride etc. It sounded a bit glib but it was part of a much wider 'speech' which was much more rounded and appropriate.

Black day? I didn't know we had a black day.

ITS GOT FUCKALL TO DO WITH POLITICS YOU SILLY c***s

For the most part I agree. Its about the victims and their families and all those who pulled together to help out as far as I'm concerned. However it is a major incident and has made the international headlines. Politicians will comment on it and whenever they open their mouths people have opinions on what they say. If that upsets you fella, then you are in for a long couple of weeks ahead.

Hb.if this had happened on Xmas eve and he had mentioned it would you still be annoyed?

You think if it was xmas eve the dick would have said 'Its a black day...but its also Xmas eve..so!'

No chance.

Diamonds is probably right about cutting him some slack as it must have been a long night.. but his crass stupidity is galling.

Guest The Phoenix

Some people will clutch at the smallest of straws to score political points.

This is no place to bring up the matter of pint point sharing.