Helicopter crashes into Clutha pub, Glasgow

The Master

Folk on the news saying that Scots are great as they pull together during dark times etc...

... and then you read this thread :(

Dearie me.

To be clear. I do not find it amusing that people have died in this tragedy. I obviously lack the empathy that many on this thread show. However, people die every day. It's just something that happens. I wouldn't joke about this accident as it involves some users who post on this thread, but I can see the hypocrisy in that as other non-local tragedies/accidents/disasters are fair game.

We've got folks on this board who have lost family members,iv lost colleagues, my mates drink in the Clutha, yet this guy seems to think along with some utter tools that it's acceptable to make fun of what really is a horrible event in the lives of so many people? I fail to see how it's some kind of innocent remark either as all of the above is blindingly obvious especially given the fact this poster has been on this thread more or less from the start, I normally wouldn't bite,but to be honest it's not even trolling it's just tasteless moronic nonsense.

If you've been personally affected by events, coping mechanism no. 4517 is "don't login to an online football forum, otherwise you might see 'distasteful comments'". Pretty straightforward stuff.

Can only imagine the outrage among the professional griefmongers once they find out about the war in Syria.

Watching the interview with the son of someone missing, helluva uncomfortable. I can't begin to understand what he's going through, but he's contradicting himself at every utterance. It's obviously the Sky way though, they need to get the anger conveyed as quick as possible after the event.

I don't think his disdain for the police has had to bubble very far to reach the surface, or the guy who's son is missing. But heyho.

This McGarrigle character is making a complete tit of himself shut yer hole and let the emergency services do their job.

I'd think I would be making a tit of myself as well in his situation, you tend not to act rationally when it's yours that are involved in a bad situation,his actions will be having zero effect on the emergency services going about their job, might affect their confidence but it won't affect their performance.

If you've been personally affected by events, coping mechanism no. 4517 is "don't login to an online football forum, otherwise you might see 'distasteful comments'". Pretty straightforward stuff.

Can only imagine the outrage among the professional griefmongers once they find out about the war in Syria.

I remember the poster who had a rant about cancer jokes being out of order as his grandad was dying of cancer and did people know how awful it was?

Meanwhile he was chortling away at Shipman jokes. Presumably doctor murders are more socially acceptable.

This McGarrigle character is making a complete tit of himself shut yer hole and let the emergency services do their job.

There is a bit more to it than that. The body that got pulled out this morning was the guy sitting next to his dad. So far the police have told him they have no information about his dad. He obviously feels if they can get his dads pal out then surely they can get his dad too.

I see that a 16 year old's been arrested for making comments online - I'm guessing it's that wee fud.

A wee jail sentence will do him the world of good, short sharp shock.

I see that a 16 year old's been arrested for making comments online - I'm guessing it's that wee fud.

The comment he made was always going to see this happen. Comment itself was as idiotic as it was distasteful and wrong.