The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

16 minutes ago, Leeds Saint said:

Is that the highest individual mark over the week? Fair enough, but what if that's the same? Possibly do it on count back?

I was thinking if it's the same then we could do it on the lowest score throughout the week would finish below. We could revert back a week but it seems a bit unfair cos they don't do that in the real league. Tbh, with the "highest / lowest score during the week" rule (21b, subsection iii) ... we'd have a clear 2nd place and clear loser....

Or am I overcomplicating things?

Very noble of you eck, since the rule change would mean that you missed out on 2nd place. I shouldn't really change the rules mid-league, so all changes will be made as of next week. And in the spirit of fairness, we'll not have any blackstars this week (well done Motherwell / Gman!)...Anyway, congrats to Leeds Saint who picks up his first ever Gold Star, and to WRK and Eck who get another silver star for their collection!

Trophy Cabinet

M

Tu

W

Th

F

TOTAL

Leeds Saint

★★

WhiteRoseKillie

eckthearab

★★★★

Jagfox99

The_Kincardine

WILLIEA

Bully Wee Villa

Ross.

Edmund

Dee_62

Peasy23

Swarley

Cardinal Richelieu

welshbairn

Jacksgranda

Supermik

SlipperyP

alang1993

G_Man1985

★★★

die hard doonhamer

Coming up this lunchtime, round 2 of the cup!

It's cup weekend (which I believe every weekend is now!). ... 9 teams left in it ... here's a reminder of the draw..

easy23 vs WhiteRoseKillie
Jagfox99 
vs Dayman
The_Kincardine
 vs Cardinal Richelieu 
Edmund vs Alang1993 vs SlipperyP

This quiz was very kindly posted by Jacksgranda so all thanks (and any criticisms!) to him! It's a monster 20 questions.... and in a bid to rid ourselves of all the foreigners creeping into the Scottish game, every question is on Scotland!

Please PM me your results (I'll send mine to Jacksgranda once I've done it) before Monday lunchtime. If you're already out the cup, feel free to post yer score but no spoilers! (Or rather, if you want to add a spoiler, use the spoiler function... this sentence makes no sense). 

Good luck!

http://www.scotland.org/quizzes/ultimate-scottish-quiz#quiz

4 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

There's a bit of a mistake in the Gerard Butler question, since two of the answers are the same. But I'm sure all you clever chaps can work your way round that!

I figured that meant they were both wrong wrong, and faced with a 50/50 choice, still picked wrong.

Managed 16/20.

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

It's cup weekend (which I believe every weekend is now!). ... 9 teams left in it ... here's a reminder of the draw..

easy23 vs WhiteRoseKillie
Jagfox99 
vs Dayman
The_Kincardine
 vs Cardinal Richelieu 
Edmund vs Alang1993 vs SlipperyP

This quiz was very kindly posted by Jacksgranda so all thanks (and any criticisms!) to him! It's a monster 20 questions.... and in a bid to rid ourselves of all the foreigners creeping into the Scottish game, every question is on Scotland!

Please PM me your results (I'll send mine to Jacksgranda once I've done it) before Monday lunchtime. If you're already out the cup, feel free to post yer score but no spoilers! (Or rather, if you want to add a spoiler, use the spoiler function... this sentence makes no sense). 

Good luck!

http://www.scotland.org/quizzes/ultimate-scottish-quiz#quiz

Not that I'd expect you to play with anything but than a straight bat, as a matter of form, should I send my score to you or JG?

26 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not that I'd expect you to play with anything but than a straight bat, as a matter of form, should I send my score to you or JG?

I think we're relying on absolutely everyone to play with a straight bat! And judging by some of the scores achieved, we are!

Just send it on to me. I've sent my score to JG anyway, so I can't change it now! Looks like we're about to get our first casualty!

3 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I think we're relying on absolutely everyone to play with a straight bat! And judging by some of the scores achieved, we are!

Just send it on to me. I've sent my score to JG anyway, so I can't change it now! Looks like we're about to get our first casualty!

Indeed.  I was questioning process rather than integrity.

If you've lodged your score then no point in a PM.  I returned a reasonably healthy 17/20. Disappointed in a couple of my answers.

So which of us is 'papped oot'?

Before I post the league table... I was thinking that to cut down on the number of star in the event of equal points .. we should instead go on "goal difference" ... or in other words, if 2 team finishes on equal points .. the team that achieved the highest mark in the quiz is judged to have finished top. 

What does anyone think? (it doesn't affect me, but it would mean we only hand out one silver star instead of two, for the two 2nd placed finishers). It would also affect things at the bottom of the league...

Given that I'm unlikely to ever have to worry about it, do whatever the feck you like! [emoji16]

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed.  I was questioning process rather than integrity.

If you've lodged your score then no point in a PM.  I returned a reasonably healthy 17/20. Disappointed in a couple of my answers.

So which of us is 'papped oot'?

Aye. There was no point really. Fortress Ibrox was indeed too much for my team of minnows to overcome. 

The_Kincardine 17 - 14 Cardinal Richelieu

And I know how you feel Peasy... I've been mid-table every single league, and now my loyal band of supporters haven't even got a cup run to look forward to.