The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

59 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Hey I'm a lover, not a fighter!

Anyway, I'm all caught up and got 7/10; 7/10 AND 7/10.  However, I may have only got 6 for today (Thursday's) if I'd not seen a recent post *cough* @Tynieness *cough* so if you want to dock a point, Cardi, I won't have an issue.

I'm assuming that Tynieness revealed the answer to one of the questions. This is a direction contravention to The P+B League Handbook, section 16, sub-section 2b. 

It's a tricky one, so I've had to refer it to the Court of Arbitration for Quizzing. 

Their ruling is thus:

"Whilst it is unfair to dock a team the point for getting a question right, it is equally unfair to award the team a point if they didn't know the answer. Therefore, the player shall be awarded half a point in such circumstances. Meanwhile, the perpetrator of the transgression, Tynieness, should receive public censure, have his P+B history emailed to his boss, and be publically tarred and feathered".

Happy to go along with their ruling, except for Tynieness's punishments, cos it's his first week in the league. And he's a mod. 

8/10. Knew Q1,3 and 6. Also knew q10(but only because I think it's been asked in this quiz before). Now away to google Paige VanZant, will be back in a while with my verdict.

Verdict - definite Wid:wub:

I might just sign off each of my posts with a picture of her(the quality will depend on the score I get)

Edited by alang1993

Knew 5, scored 6. Resigned to the fact that my guessometer will almost never produce the goods on Aussie sports questions, particularly Aussie female sports questions, of which we seem to have had a torrent of late. UFC, women's bowls and Aussie two dollar coins all firmly in the 'who cares?' category for me. 

It is a bit annoying Frankie, but sadly we don't really have a better guaranteed daily 10-or-so daily multiple choice question quiz.Console yourself with the Diddly Dee Jam Jar Trophy which is kicking off again this weekend, it'll be an Aussie-free zone (although if I take the quiz from the Canadian equivalent, you'll still be answering questions on Canadian politicos and Ice Hockey). @Marr1... can't remember if you were in the league before, but half the fun is getting a crap score and bitching about the questions. If you take the rest of this week's quizzes, you too can sit in mid-table mediocrity in the league. 

Anyway, the league. No more sympathy points for anyone. It's like a ruddy kindergarten here. 

In the Premiership, Alang1993 is marching towards his 4th title, if he doesn't get too distracted by a wee lassie who could definitely kick the shit out of him. Kincardine has a fighting chance of picking up his first piece of major silverware (I'll let someone else post the obvious joke).

Position Team Trophy Cabinet Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Total
1 Alang1993 3x© 2x② 1xBZ 7 8 8 8   31
2 Arabdownunder 2x© 7 9 6 7   29
3 Frankie S 1x© 6 8 7 6   27
4 The_Kincardine   6 7 7 6.5   26.5
5 WhiteRoseKillie 8x© 3x② 5 7 6 5   23
6 WILLIEA   6 6 4 7   23
7 Cardinal Richelieu   4 5 6 6   21
8 Eckthearab 5x② 4 6 7 4   21
9 Leeds Saint 1x© 2x② 2 8 5 5   20
10 BigBo10   5 4 4 6   19
11 Welshbairn   4 8 6     18
12 Jagfox99 4x② 1xBZ 5 6 2 5   18
13 G_Man1985   4 4 3     11
14 Deej 2x②           0

Downstairs, Swarley seems to still be on his travels, but he gave me a greenie yesterday so he must be somewhere in the building. Still, he's safe since there's no relegation! And there's still plenty of players who can gain one of the two promotion spots, or the play-off place...

Position Team Trophy Cabinet Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Total
1 Blackislekillie   5 8 6 7   26
2 Tynieness   7 5 7 5   24
3 Peasy23   4 6 5 7   22
4 Edmund 4x② 1xBZ 5 8 5 3   21
5 SlipperyP   2 5 6 6   19
6 Jacksgranda   2 4 6 7   19
7 Scotfree   5 5 3 5   18
8 Bully Wee Villa 1x© 4 5 3 6   18
9 Ross.   1 6 3 5   15
10 Dee_62   3 3 3 6   15
11 Die Hard Doonhamer   3 2 6 4   15
12 Supermik   3 3 4 3   13
13 Dee Man   2 5 1 5   13
14 Swarley             0
Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

So, here's the preliminary draw for the Diddly Dee Jam Jar Trophy for January. I've excluded Deej and Swarley, but if they re-appear, I'll sort something out. Maybe one of my patent-pending three-way ties that I'm trying to pitch to the SFA. 

From 26 teams, we need to get down to 16. So 6 teams get a bye and 20 teams are in the prelim draw. No seeding just cos I feel like it. 

Tynieness vs WILLIEA
Die Hard Doonhamer vs Cardinal Richelieu
Blackislekillie vs Scotfree
Arabdownunder vs Bully Wee Villa
Leeds Saint vs G_Man1985
Ross. vs Peasy23
Edmund vs Jacksgranda
WhiteRoseKillie vs Dee_62
Alang1993 vs Frankie S
BigBo10 vs Supermik

So if you're name's not on the list, you can take your players to Spain for the weekend! I'll post the quiz tomorrow at some time....