The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Well, I've been letting the excitement simmer over the weekend, but it's finally time to reveal how many books are in my bookcase. The correct answer was 104. 

AFJ guessed 316, a laughable guess - and Tynieness wins the play-off with an astute 315. 

Meanwhile, BWV went for 175 and Helpma 182. So congrats to BWV who finally wins a play-off...

There was also a play-off for 2nd place between Frankie and WILLIEA, but since neither player bothered their arse, there will be no 2nd place award...

And just as a wee treat for Monday morning, here's a picture of the bookshelf ...

20170813_095008.jpg.908fc6b952f4fb4d2155cbc2ab0c7f57.jpg

12 hours ago, Eednud said:

This hasn't happened for a while. Me posting the Monday quiz during daylight on Monday morning. Didn't help my performance thought I'd done better than 3/10. Knew word, Sky Tower and guessed Shakespeare. 

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=7483&sectionId=1 

3/10 here, too. Same 3 questions right, knew word, guessed Sky Tower and fairly sure of Shakespeare

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Well, I've been letting the excitement simmer over the weekend, but it's finally time to reveal how many books are in my bookcase. The correct answer was 104. 

AFJ guessed 316, a laughable guess - and Tynieness wins the play-off with an astute 315. 

Meanwhile, BWV went for 175 and Helpma 182. So congrats to BWV who finally wins a play-off...

There was also a play-off for 2nd place between Frankie and WILLIEA, but since neither player bothered their arse, there will be no 2nd place award...

And just as a wee treat for Monday morning, here's a picture of the bookshelf ...

So that's where you get your spiel from..

banter.JPG.3043721dcb561c6c660cd502a20e679c.JPG

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Nice dvd collection. Any chance I could borrow your copy of "XXX Horny MILFs"?

38 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Get something to fill in the gap in the top left, FFS.

There are 2 books up there. A Spanish phrasebook and a 20 years out of date Highway Code. 

I realise I was opening myself up for pelters posting that pic. Anybody else want to share theirs?

Slumped all the way from the top league to the basement in two straight seasons.  Just as well they didn't keep the Colts league as a feeder or I'd still be falling.

Oh well, starting off the week with a passable 7/10.  Australian and South American questions did me in.  Though I had the right answer down for the trophy and then went back and changed it 'cos it seemed too stupid.

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

There are 2 books up there. A Spanish phrasebook and a 20 years out of date Highway Code. 

I realise I was opening myself up for pelters posting that pic. Anybody else want to share theirs?

Which one? I have 4 bookshelves, as well as a few boxes in the loft at my old dears... Lack of space was the main reason I cheapened myself by accepting an e-reader.