The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Just a few stragglers to scoop up... Tynieness, MSU and Livi Lion in the Premiership, Deej and Madwullie in the SWL, and I'm not sure the 3 no scorers in the BHL are even coming back. 

Although if WhiteRoseKillie does rise from the ashes, none will be more annoyed than Jacksgranda!

Right. Sod it. I'm going out for the day so this'll be my only chance to do the league tables while I'm still sober. 

Congrats to Alang1993 who came from nowhere to scoop his 12th top gong, with MSU not far behind. At the bottom, down go LiviLion and NJ2, Tynieness posted an 11th hour score to avoid the play-offs, so it's @The_Kincardine in the play-offs on QD. 

1-prem.png.e1769c09b06ed0b5406eb68e78626a23.png

In the SWL, BIK scoops his first silver medal, edging out Helpma on goal difference, with @Eednud in the play-offs, again on QD. How thrilling. 

At the bottom, deej's last minute flurry of scores puts @madwullie in the play-off, with johnnydun and gkneil

2-stealer.png.855837d057d93e321a8f260fd90843bf.png

But the real drama is, as always, in the BHL. Firstly, well done to Leeds Saint, who achieves what few teams, have managed to achieve, all 4 medals.... but the headline writers are whipping themselves up into a frenzy, because who is that who is promoted?!?!??! Why, it's Jacksgranda! He's been plugging away since day 1 of the leagues and he's finally got his just desserts. @Bully Wee Villa is in the play-offs. 

3-bhl.png.cfccfd4190e9821dbb37fe02fad9a2c3.png

So to celebrate Motherwell getting humped by Celtic in the Scottish League Cup final... 

Motherwell have only won the league cup once, a 3-0 humping of Neil Lennon's Hibernian back in the 1950-51 season. But what was the attendance?

Answers in by Monday lunchtimeish. 

5 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Motherwell have only won the league cup once, a 3-0 humping of Neil Lennon's Hibernian back in the 1950-51 season. But what was the attendance?

I'll send you a PM but I expect, "Proud Lanarkshire men at one end and a shower of inbred east-coast c***s at the other" may be wrong.

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Congratulations to me, very well done, I say. I say VERY WELL DONE!

Well done, auld yin.

I still think we should have some sort of penalty for scores not being in on time. The top leagues been won by someone posting all 5 in one go after seeing everyone else's scores. I know we all have faith eta etc but just saying [emoji14] just call me a grumpy auld git mulling around at the bottom

39 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I still think we should have some sort of penalty for scores not being in on time. The top leagues been won by someone posting all 5 in one go after seeing everyone else's scores. I know we all have faith eta etc but just saying emoji14.png just call me a grumpy auld git mulling around at the bottom

There's also got to be an element of extra thinking time - who knows what news stories you might watch or read on Thursday that help with a question from Monday?

Signed,

Another grumpy auld b*****d.

21 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

I still think we should have some sort of penalty for scores not being in on time. The top leagues been won by someone posting all 5 in one go after seeing everyone else's scores. I know we all have faith eta etc but just saying emoji14.png just call me a grumpy auld git mulling around at the bottom

21 hours ago, The DA said:

There's also got to be an element of extra thinking time - who knows what news stories you might watch or read on Thursday that help with a question from Monday?

Signed,

Another grumpy auld b*****d.

You're a pair of grumpy auld c***s though you do raise a valid point.  There's no way of dealing with this without handicapping folk who are away with work/holidays/illness etc.  Something like "No more than three answers in a row unless you hand in a sick note from yer maw" just isn't practicable so it's down to self-policing and shaming regular offenders.  But also, the good thing about the thread is the daily  badinage - such as @SlipperyPand his excuses and @Jacksgranda and his moment in the sun so those who only post at the end of the week need to take a look at themselves.

I'm definitely in the 'auld c**t' category but spent 1 1/2 hrs explaining the cosine rule to my 15 year old this afternoon and she finally grasped it - so I'm a happy auld c**t.

Anyway, here's Monday's quiz: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=8233&sectionId=1

6/10 for me so maybe I'm a grumpy auld c**t after all.

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You're a pair of grumpy auld c***s though you do raise a valid point.  There's no way of dealing with this without handicapping folk who are away with work/holidays/illness etc.  Something like "No more than three answers in a row unless you hand in a sick note from yer maw" just isn't practicable so it's down to self-policing and shaming regular offenders.  But also, the good thing about the thread is the daily  badinage - such as @SlipperyPand his excuses and @Jacksgranda and his moment in the sun so those who only post at the end of the week need to take a look at themselves.

I'm definitely in the 'auld c**t' category but spent 1 1/2 hrs explaining the cosine rule to my 15 year old this afternoon and she finally grasped it - so I'm a happy auld c**t.

Anyway, here's Monday's quiz: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=8233&sectionId=1

6/10 for me so maybe I'm a grumpy auld c**t after all.

If you're thinking maybe, then there's no maybe about it.  Welcome - it's a broad church.