The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Well, all the scores are in for the SUPERLEAGUE, sponsored by, naturally, Tennent's SUPER. And what a SUPERLEAGUE it was because we have two teams tied in first place. So we'll have to have a play-off to decide who is the champion and who has to settle for a silver medal. 

Looking at the league tables, the usual suspects have risen to the top as per. Eednud must be a bit aggrieved at getting pumped down to the lower league. As will WILLIEA, although not a score for 2 days will make even top quizzers struggle. Wastecoatwilly - at one point sitting in the Premiership, manages to cling on to middle league status. Poor old Ziggy gets the wooden spoon. 

Anyway, it's a year's worth of Tennent's Super to Scotfree and AFJ, and two year's worth to Ziggy. Boom tish. 

superleague.thumb.png.9d931a1895e6b400998e0d7d4fe34614.png

So this question is for @Audaces Fortuna Juvat and @scotfree only...

Middle-distance runner Andrew Baddeley holds the record for the world's fastest parkrun (5km). What was his time? (Just for reference, I got 24:00m last week at one, so it's a bit faster than that). 

11 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

I'm guessing 13:26.

Luckily for you, Scotfree had already followed the correct protocol and PMed me his guess which was 14 minutes dead. The correct answer was 13m 48 seconds, so congratulations to Scotfree who is the champion and commiserations to AFJ who has to settle for 2nd, which is still better than Linfield have managed this season. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

11 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Luckily for you, Scotfree had already followed the correct protocol and PMed me his guess which was 14 minutes dead. The correct answer was 13m 48 seconds, so congratulations to Scotfree who is the champion and commiserations to AFJ who has to settle for 2nd, which is still better than Linfield have managed this season. 

200w.webp