The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

21 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

BigBo10 - did you get your problem sorted? What about the quiz?

Too many c***s to tag. You know who you are:

• Peasy23 (Fri), Helpma (Thu), MSU (Tue-Fri)
  • CaspianChris (Mon), BigBo10 (Fri), AFJ (Mon-Fri)
  • Ross (Fri), blackislekillie (Thu-Fri), Wilky1878 (Fri), Dee Man (1878), DublinMagyar, Welshbairn, Lincolnhearts (all week - not sure if they're coming back ... three good men down. Now I know what war is like)

Monday 7.

Just now, CaspianChris said:

Such high levels of incompetence demand an instant sacking and compensation.   The other option is to receive an appointment at high managerial level in the SFA.

Compensation sounds nice! I've already written out an unfunny piece about how you've missed out on a play-off but I'm happy to bin it if you can give me your score!

29 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

And was it?

It was actually 51 minutes past 10 so he'd gone over his break by a minute. 

Obviously I grassed him up as you can't have people stealing company time. 

The more I think about it, I'm beginning to wonder if it's that unusual to say the time like that, but when he said it it sounded weird. 

Hold on, what thread am I on again?

That's yer leagues out boys. And you've not failed to disappoint. 

To celebrate German Jag's victory, the rest of this post will be in German. 

Wunderbar performance von German Jag. Es is hist zwei golden medalen. Keine gluck nach Edmund. Er hat die samen scoren, nach "Brande Neue Quiz Difference" .. f**k this. I'm even boring myself. Aye. Edmund misses out on gold by the narrowest of margins. Downstairs, Kincardine's down, Tynierose is too busy concentrating on the cup (even though he's not even in it) and NJ2 sneaks into the play-offs, again thanks to that fickle maiden, BNQD. 

image.png.c83fb5a8f2e2dc62c52a924401e39153.png

So to the SWL. And it's a thrilling 1-2 from the league's debutantes. Who said you can't win anything with kids? Adamski gets his first piece of silverware (and wins the "Battle of the Adams") and whilst Rugster's trophy cabinet is still bare, he and his dashing avatar get to dine at the top table with the big boys next season. 

But there's more drama. Leeds Saint is in the play-offs at the expense of CaspianChris? It's our old friend, the moody bitch, BNQD. It will be little solace to Chris to know that if we were still slumming it with the arcane "NQD" rules, he'd be up. But thems the breaks. 

Ignore everything I said. CaspianChris swoops in at the 11th hour to return to the topshop. Adamski is up and Rugster is in the play-offs. 

Down below, AFJ is shitcanned - although the forum will be relieved to learn he's still alive. Tynierose for some reason sent me a picture of him in a chemist holding a knife. Widn't. The Captain goes down with his ship, and Mark Connolly is in the play-offs. 

image.png.c5918555799cc6dbcbd215ed1c612b7b.png

And in the BHL, it's "Swiss bliss" for Ross. JamesP_81 did "Well", and Ziggy's in the play-offs. 

image.png.b8975561efd7265249539583affe434f.png

That cup column really is the business isn't it?

So it's over to my number 2, @SlipperyP to handle all matters playoffy.

11 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Anyone fancy doing next quiz or will I bash on.

Relegation hurts.  That's the budget rubbed for next season.

Now who will I sack, the highly paid flips that put us down, the alcoholic manager or the minimum wage workers in the club shop.

f**k it they're all gone.  Seething.

f**k it. Not written a quiz in a while and i'm running one on Sunday (Brass Monkey if anyone fancies) so I can just hoover the questions off that. When should it start?

I'm already cringing at the patter between me and Tynierose, so to deflect ... for the next P+B cup .... (format to be determined) ... any team that submits a question topic will get it included. Obviously nothing like obscure like Linlithgow Roses' bar prices ... but anything reasonable will be included. 

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

That's yer leagues out boys. And you've not failed to disappoint. 

To celebrate German Jag's victory, the rest of this post will be in German. 

Wunderbar performance von German Jag. Es is hist zwei golden medalen. Keine gluck nach Edmund. Er hat die samen scoren, nach "Brande Neue Quiz Difference" .. f**k this. I'm even boring myself. Aye. Edmund misses out on gold by the narrowest of margins. Downstairs, Kincardine's down, Tynierose is too busy concentrating on the cup (even though he's not even in it) and NJ2 sneaks into the play-offs, again thanks to that fickle maiden, BNQD. 

image.png.c83fb5a8f2e2dc62c52a924401e39153.png

So to the SWL. And it's a thrilling 1-2 from the league's debutantes. Who said you can't win anything with kids? Adamski gets his first piece of silverware (and wins the "Battle of the Adams") and whilst Rugster's trophy cabinet is still bare, he and his dashing avatar get to dine at the top table with the big boys next season. 

But there's more drama. Leeds Saint is in the play-offs at the expense of CaspianChris? It's our old friend, the moody bitch, BNQD. It will be little solace to Chris to know that if we were still slumming it with the arcane "NQD" rules, he'd be up. But thems the breaks. 

Ignore everything I said. CaspianChris swoops in at the 11th hour to return to the topshop. Adamski is up and Rugster is in the play-offs. 

Down below, AFJ is shitcanned - although the forum will be relieved to learn he's still alive. Tynierose for some reason sent me a picture of him in a chemist holding a knife. Widn't. The Captain goes down with his ship, and Mark Connolly is in the play-offs. 

image.png.c5918555799cc6dbcbd215ed1c612b7b.png

And in the BHL, it's "Swiss bliss" for Ross. JamesP_81 did "Well", and Ziggy's in the play-offs. 

image.png.b8975561efd7265249539583affe434f.png

That cup column really is the business isn't it?

So it's over to my number 2, @SlipperyP to handle all matters playoffy.

What happened to the other tables?