The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

All very good, but have you got a periodic table shower curtain m8? ;)

I've also got a huge map of the world on my wall to bone up on all the capital cities.

Now I'm just waiting for someone to commit commercial suicide create toilet paper with all the Oscar winners from the last 80 odd years :)

8/10 on Ireland. Got colour associated with St. Patrick and most visited tourist attraction wrong. Guessed astronomer and Stripe question.

There's a football angle to one of the ones you got wrong. In the early days of the Home Internationals, the IFA's Ireland team used St Patrick's colour. Only reason I knew it.

All very good, but have you got a periodic table shower curtain m8? ;)

Nope, I don't have that, though it would come in very handy considering how often questions about the periodic table come up in quizzes. Lost a quiz last week from a winning position because we could only name 9 elements with a Y in their name, our rivals got all 12.

Good one. Without resorting to going to the bathroom (doesn't seem as much like cheating as looking it up online - not sure why)

Yttrium and Ytterbium are the two starting with Y (7 different elements can be traced back to a single quarry in Ytterby in Sweden).

Antimony

Mercury

Hydrogen

Oxygen

Neodynium

Dysprosium

Krypton

No idea about the other 3. Can't help but think I've missed an obvious one.

We got 8 of those, didn't get Dysprosium, but we did get Molybdenum. That Ytterby question comes up all the time. As does the place name derivations of Holmium - Stockholm, Hafnium - Copenhagen, Lutetium - Paris and of course the Scottish one, Strontium.

Edit: Praseodymium and oh, Beryllium, which we got. Must have missed Neodymium.

Edited by Frankie S