The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Big week in Scottish football with the balance of power being held by a team in dark blue whose stadium looks like it's about to slide down a hill.  Dundee FC, of course, will be the subject of the play off question.

The Top Dogs 

@Silky Si McFlyvs @Tynierose

The Nice Blokes

@Spring Onionvs @SlipperyP

What is the highest attendance ever at Dens Park and, as a tie breaker, in what year.

Answers to me by fax only by midnight tomorrow.

That's yer answers in.  The record attendance at Dens Park is 43,024, which was set in 1953.  Naturally it was vs The Rangers of Glasgow.

@Silky Si McFly "63,000 in 1953"

@Tynierose "50232 and the year 1954"

@Spring Onion "some game in the 1960's and 41 302 were at the game"

@SlipperyP"around 43,000 and against the Originals, bonus point was sometime in the 50's."

So silky's statement that he always loses on football questions is proven right - doon ye go.  P&B's favourite front line health worker gathers his PPE to face the swots in the top tier.

Spring onion gives the 2nd best answer of the round but is demoted with a score of 37.  Slippery goes to the middle rank.  Congrats.

45 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The record attendance at Dens Park is 43,024, which was set in 1953.

Largest crowd I was part of at Dens was 41,500 for Aberdeen v Dundee United Scottish Cup SF in 1966/67. Largest Dundee crowd 38,232 v Anderlecht European Cup QF 2nd leg in 1962/63.

20 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Largest crowd I was part of at Dens was 41,500 for Aberdeen v Dundee United Scottish Cup SF in 1966/67. Largest Dundee crowd 38,232 v Anderlecht European Cup QF 2nd leg in 1962/63.

If you and I hadn't have been there it would only have been 41,498. Record breakers, that's what we are.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Spring onion gives the 2nd best answer of the round but is demoted with a score of 37.  Slippery goes to the middle rank.  Congrats.

Unbelievable 😂

Should be the week there is no relegation or promotions and just dish out the dosh in my opinion. 

Some questions I have on my Facebok page today. I appreciate not all of you have facebook or wish to use it, so I've copied them below. If you want to post your answers to me in a private message, I'll do a wee league table of who got what right and post them tomorrow morning, so deadline is 10am UK time tomorrow.

All of the answers share a common four letter sequence.

1. What landmark was named one of the New 7 wonders of the world in 2007, and is falsely said to be visible from space?

2. Who led the Scottish Army into battle against the English at The Battle of Falkirk in 1298?

3. What native animal is the nickname of the Australian Rugby Union team?

4. What Disney-Pixar 2008 film, centres around a Waste Allocation Load Lifter (Earth Class)?

5. What series of books was created by English illustrator Martin Handford? The series featured the title character wearing a red and white striped shirt, bobble hat and glasses. I am looking for the name of the series as known in the UK, not North America.

6. Checkpoint Charlie was a crossing point along which structure between 1963-1989?

7. Created by Nick Park, one of his most famous creations, which characters featured in the short films 'The Wrong Trousers' and 'A Close Shave'?

8. Which single from 1979, features the lyrics, "We don't need no education"?

9. Which short lived BBC game show was hosted by Dale Winton for it's first series and Anton du Beke for it's second?

10. What term is used when an actor in a play or a movie purposely speaks to the audience, such as the title character Deadpool does?

11. What is the name of the alcoholic cocktail made with vodka, Galliano & Fresh Orange?

12. According to the saying "One _______ does not a summer make"

13. In computing, what is a technological barrier designed to prevent unauthorised or unwanted communications between computer networks or hosts?

14. Build between 142AD-154AD, what structure in Scotland ran from Old Kilpatrick in West Dunbartonshire to Carriden near Bo'ness?

15. Which 1999 young adult book written by Stephen Chbosky was made into a 2012 movie starring Emma Watson & Ezra Miller?

Edited by Silky Si McFly

3 hours ago, Eednud said:

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

If you and I hadn't have been there it would only have been 41,498. Record breakers, that's what we are.

I wonder if this is the furthest back that two people from P&B have been to the same game?  I'd have a hefty wager that it is.  Record breakers indeed...

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I wonder if this is the furthest back that two people from P&B have been to the same game?  I'd have a hefty wager that it is.  Record breakers indeed...

I think @kingjoey may have been at it too.And @Granny Danger is of the same vintage.

Edited by Jacksgranda

6 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I think @kingjoey may have been at it too.And @Granny Danger is of the same vintage.

You are correct Jacksgranda, I had moved to Dundee because of my dad’s job about 4 months earlier, and I went to the Dundee United semi final at Dens on my own in a crowd of 41,500 at the age of 11 and the height of about 4 foot. Right at the wall.

Happy New Year from sunny Thailand.  The start or our 3 day festival Songkran  which has been cancelled.

This is what we are all missing.

image-5.jpeg?fit=960,640

Anyway back to business.

Player of the Month for April update;

TOP 15

potmapril2.png.9fd812aab3368e4ff7ff91774ec00c87.png

Edited by SlipperyP