The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Results are in.

The Play-offs to be in the Play-off which actually doubles up as the play-off as nobody awaits the outcome.

@Cardinal Richelieu   0,0,0 - 43, 195,000, 2-2     @peasy23

@Ronaldo Jeremy     29, 132,765, 2-0 -    50, 200,000, 3-2 @JamesP_81     -  22, 160,000, 5-1   @Gaz

The Play-off without any of the above rigmarole 

@The DA  25, 200,000, 7-4   -    44, 220,000, 0-4 @Ross.

Q1. The last time Easter was on 9 April was in 1950. On Saturday 8 April 1950 there were 6 games in Scottish League Division A and 5 in Division B. What was the total number of goals scored in the 11 games?  
56 goals

Q2. What was the combined attendance for the 11 games?

and just in case a tie breaker is required 

Q3. On the Easter Sunday Portugal played Spain at home in a 1950 World Cup qualifying game having lost 1-5 in Madrid the week before. What was the score in this game?

2-2

What this all means is @Cardinal Richelieu is relegated and @JamesP_81 takes his place on being closest with the tie breaker as he had been closest with number of goals scored but @Ronaldo Jeremy closest with the crowd figure.

Same with @Ross. goes to the Wannabe on tie breaker and @The DA looks out his budgie smugglers.

All the answers came from the excellent London Hearts site and here’s the link to them https://www.londonhearts.com/scores/a1950/19500408.html

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

That joke's been running for, what, 4 years?  Longer?  It never grows old.

Yip, it's been that long - when we met we (I) couldn't even remember why I started calling him that in the first place, beyond the fact that there is a tennis player called Kyle Edmund and Edmund looks a bit like Eednud (but Eednud doesn't look like Kyle Edmund). 

8 out of 10 for Tuesday. I'm calling bullshit on the Rasputin question. Was it not "All of the above" ?

14 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Yip, it's been that long - when we met we (I) couldn't even remember why I started calling him that in the first place, beyond the fact that there is a tennis player called Kyle Edmund and Edmund looks a bit like Eednud (but Eednud doesn't look like Kyle Edmund). 

Life has moved on but "MS Paint does Eednud" Is the thread P&B never had.  Sad.

30 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

8 out of 10 for Tuesday. I'm calling bullshit on the Rasputin question. Was it not "All of the above" ?

I can’t recall either but thought it was because I had a cunning plan. Probably foisting the Aussie quiz onto fellow quizzers. 

@The_Kincardine enough chitchat about rules and things, time to put away your parka and get answering yesterday’s and today’s quiz.

Edited by Eednud

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Then you'd be kcirdlab...

Blackadder Series 3 Cunning Plans

By the third series of Blackadder, the writers had clearly paid attention to which catchphrases people used in everyday conversations.  The theme of a cunning plan really started to take off!

Dish and Dishonesty

I’ve got a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.
A plan so cunning