The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

9 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Too much bloody time on his hands!

On the most boring teleconference ever...needed a quick distraction and couldn't resist the hunt for a pink flag!!!

ETA - not a euphamism

Edited by dee_62

13 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I just Googled "pink flags" and find that Dee 62 has beaten me to it.

Too much bloody time on his hands!

Why don't you get any nice magnolia flags?

Cos flags were usually generated by men, and most men wouldn't know what magnolia looks like. Unless, of course, you're "two-spirit". 

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I'm so confused I can't even remember what the Dutch flag looks like any more. 

Also, why don't you get any purple or orange flags? And your Brazilian flag didn't appear BWV!

Anyway.. in the cup replay replay, I posed the question "30 random people in a room. What's the % probability at least 2 of them share a birthday".... Jagfox went for 40%, And Ross ("I've read books about this") plumped for 66.6%. The correct answer was 70.6% so congrats to Ross who goes into Friday's draw!

Derren Brown explains it in "Tricks of the mind". I think it was also in one of the Ben Goldacre books, and possibly one of the books by the guys who wrote Freakonomics. Get it roon ye.

2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Derren Brown explains it in "Tricks of the mind". I think it was also in one of the Ben Goldacre books, and possibly one of the books by the guys who wrote Freakonomics. Get it roon ye.

I've read Tricks of the Mind. Good book, though I don't remember the bit about the birthday problem. Did love the chapter about memory palaces and the like... so much so that I learned to how to memorise a deck of cards. I was a hit at parties, as you can imagine. 

4 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I can't be arsed checking, but I'm pretty sure we've never had a day where nobody could get over 6. Poor showing guys!

7/10 with sled dog, Barry Williams and singer wrong. Don't lump me in with the rest of them getting 6 or less thank you very much.

That's better. Knew 6, the tennis one was a process of elimination, was fairly confident on Central American capitals and the iconic entertainer was a guess. As is now traditional, got the Aussie sport question wrong. 9/10.

Edited by Frankie S

Again, I think it's far too hasty to allow seaside league teams promotion to the Premiership before we've thought through all the ramifications. Surely everyone would agree that a season's/week's cooling off period would be in order?