The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Just now, WILLIEA said:

Maybe you'll have to apply for re-election?:(

Och, I'd be a shoo in. Long standing member, popular (?), no danger of beating the top dogs, I'd be voted back in in a flash...

Cup news!

In the very late kick-off, Supermik defeated Peasy23 with aplomb, running out 7-3 victors. 

Arabdownunder, on the other hand, must be concentrating on the league and has scratched the cup, so WhiteRoseKillie goes through by default (with 6 points).

One replay to play, resulting from Deej and Leeds Saint's humdinger of 7-7 draw at the weekend. And here is a question worthy of such a display of goals...

•  In mathematics (and in particular, the methods of zeta function regularization and Ramanujan summation), the infinite series of natural numbers, 1+2+3+4 (all the way up to infinity) is given a finite value... or to put it another way.... adding every integer together between 1 and infinity returns what number? 
    • A couple of things to note.... this isn't a joke question and the the formula does have some uses in applied mathematics (God knows what). The answer isn't infinity, or infinity squared or anything like that. It is just an ordinary number. 

Deej and Leeds Saint's can PM their answer. Closest gets it! Good luck and sorry!!!!!!!

Bit of controversy with my score in the league. It told me that I got 7, but I knew the first toy on TV question and still managed to get it wrong due to careless clicking. But for the French cookery question, I hadn't a clue so made an intelligent guess. Turns out it was wrong. But again, thanks tocareless clicking / fat fingers, I managed to select the correct answer, even though it wasn't the one I was going for. So I guess these cancel each out and I got 7. 

PREMIERSHIP LEAGUE 

Position Team Trophy Cabinet Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Total
1 Eckthearab 5x② 7 7       14
2 Frankie S 1x© 6 8       14
3 WhiteRoseKillie 6x© 3x② 6 8       14
4 Alang1993 3x© 1xBEAZER 6 7       13
5 Arabdownunder 1x© 6 6       12
6 WILLIEA   6 5       11
7 Bully Wee Villa 1x© 5 6       11
8 Blackislekillie   5 6       11
9 Leeds Saint 1x© 2x② 7 3       10
10 Jagfox99   6 4       10
11 Welshbairn   5 5       10
12 Supermik   4 5       9
13 Ross.   4 5       9
14 Deej 2x② 6         6

BEAZER HOMES LEAGUE

Position Team Trophy Cabinet Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Total
1 Peasy23   8 6       14
2 Edmund 4x② 6 6       12
3 The_Kincardine   5 6       11
4 Cardinal Richelieu   4 7       11
5 Swarley   5 5       10
6 BigBo10   5 4       9
7 G_Man1985   4 5       9
8 Dee_62   5 2       7
9 Jacksgranda   4 2       6
10 Die Hard Doonhamer   2 4       6
11 SlipperyP   4         4
12 Dee Man   2 2       4

29 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Och, I'd be a shoo in. Long standing member, popular (?), no danger of beating the top dogs, I'd be voted back in in a flash...

23 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

Just ask Gatesheed!

Maybe not, then...