The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Only the 5.

The "Snakebite" cocktail question. I've worked in bars all over the place and in different places it is a different drink. Mostly though, Cider, Beer and Blackcurrant is known as Diesel. Add a vodka and it becomes snakebite.

Only the 5.

The "Snakebite" cocktail question. I've worked in bars all over the place and in different places it is a different drink. Mostly though, Cider, Beer and Blackcurrant is known as Diesel. Add a vodka and it becomes snakebite.

In all my time in the trade, admittedly entirely Yorkshire based, snakebite is lager and cider. Add blackcurrant, and there you go.

In one pub, we had a mad mare of a regular who added Pernod to this already unappetising concoction. Called it a Red Witch, or something like.

ETA : I've just realized they refer to Snakebite as a "cocktail"!

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

In all my time in the trade, admittedly entirely Yorkshire based, snakebite is lager and cider. Add blackcurrant, and there you go.

Me too. Used to have a killer drink in North Wales which was a half of cider with a bottle of triple X Guinness, which you don't see anymore, but they kept making it in Nigeria for a while. It was stronger than normal Guinness as I recall. Can't remember the name of the mix. Knocked you out though.

In one pub, we had a mad mare of a regular who added Pernod to this already unappetising concoction. Called it a Red Witch, or something like.

ETA : I've just realized they refer to Snakebite as a "cocktail"!

Me too. Used to have a killer drink in North Wales which was a half of cider with a bottle of triple X Guinness, which you don't see anymore, but they kept making it in Nigeria for a while. It was stronger than normal Guinness as I recall. Can't remember the name of the mix. Knocked you out though.

I've served it as described in the quiz, under that name, but I've found that in different areas it seems to have it's own variation. Would always ask how they wanted it served just to be on the safe side.

ETA - 5/10 today.

Edited by Ross.