The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Fourballs and foursomes are doubles matches.

In the fourballs, whichever of the four players gets the lowest score of the hole in a round of golf "wins" the hole for his team.

If the best player on each team are equal, the whole is "halved" and they get half a point each.

In foursomes, the players take it in turns and whichever team finishes in fewer shots wins the hole. Again, if it's a draw, halve the hole.

How this could work for the quiz. Captain decides on two doubles for a given round. Each round is five questions, and they PM their answer to you.

Fourballs examples:

Scotland player 1 gets 4/5
Scotland player 2 gets 3/5
ROTW player 1 gets 3/5
ROTW plater 2 gets 1/5.

Scotland win the point as they had the highest scoring scoring player... player 1 who got 4/5.

Fourballs example 2:

Scotland player 1 gets 2/5
Scotland player 2 gets 4/5
ROTW player 1 gets 4/5
ROTW player 2 gets 3/5.

The highest scoring player for each team got 4/5 so the point is "halved" and each team gets half a point each.

Foursomes example:

Scotland player 1 gets 3/5
Scotland player 2 gets 3/5
ROTW player 1 gets 2/5
ROTW player 2 gets 5/5

ROTW win the point as they got a total of 7/10 while Scotland only managed 6/10.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Now you're talking :P

Apparently not.  See below.  I'm now considering my options as a member of the RotW squad and may offer myself as a non-aligned participant à la the Independent Olympians.  Would you want to share a four-ball with someone who eschews Ms Quatro?

3 hours ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Never really did it for me mate.

51 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Apparently not.  See below.  I'm now considering my options as a member of the RotW squad and may offer myself as a non-aligned participant à la the Independent Olympians.  Would you want to share a four-ball with someone who eschews Ms Quatro?

Stay mate, you know you want to, and just to show you that I want you to,

Image result for suzi quatro 70's

54 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

If it helps defuse another International Crisis (fuxake, UAE have just demanded that Qatar make Andy Gray and Richard Keys unemployed), my first stop on You Tube tonight was for dear ol' Suzi's "If you can't give me love".  True, that was partly fuelled by outrage at a Sporcle quiz calling her a one hit wonder (and the hit i'd never heard of), but that's Americans for you, we have to make allowances, gawd bless 'em.

5 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Stay mate, you know you want to, and just to show you that I want you to,

Image result for suzi quatro 70's

She looked a bit fatter in the video I watched.  Not that I can talk .....

17 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

The Kincardine and I aren't that far apart when it comes to wimmin' as I used to have this poster on the wall facing my teenage bed/w@nking chariot

Image result for blondie parallel lines poster

Had the same poster on my bedroom - think I'm off for a cold shower , the joys of a juvenile Barclays are like the rest of my teenage kicks mere sepia tinged memories.

Japanese Islands
Scotland (Frankie S and Dee_62) 6-8 RoW (Bully Wee Villa and Eednud)
There's a a bit of work involved in all this which I'm happy with, but there's a bit of effort involved for everyone else, especially the captains. 
What do you think?

Can I say that Frankie let us down on that one. I was awesome!

35 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Can I say that Frankie let us down on that one. I was awesome!

I'm ok on your major Japanese islands (Honshu, Shikoku, Hokkaido and Kyushu), but after that things get distinctly shaky! 

9 minutes ago, Frankie S said:

I'm ok on your major Japanese islands (Honshu, Shikoku, Hokkaido and Kyushu), but after that things get distinctly shaky! 

Stick to the Celebes mate, that's where the kool kids are at 

Right - can't wait any longer for Arabdownunder. Here's the league tables...

Congrats to WILLIEA. who scoops his 3rd gold with Frankie winning the most 2nd places. Alang1993's high-and-low antics have him relegated, along with gkneil. Jagfox99 is in yet another play-off. 

1-prem.png.3b491be1c2026fda5c33f360bfcc3fda.png

Leedsy and Kincy are promoted out the SWL, Eednud is in another play-off. ADU is down, along with Supermik who hung on gamely but couldn't cling on. BWV survives and can The Captain win his 3rd play-off in a row?

2-steal.png.226cc2e9530140f08fa1df0c7913244e.png

Welshbairn bounces back after his week's sabbatical. And I'm promoted, so well done me. Gman_1985 is in the play-offs, and provde a source of inspiration to those near the bottom of the table where Gman_1985 used to often reside. 

3-beazer.png.ed45deb4aea08b12f9eb2c8b5f22b1fa.png

So the play-offs.... @jagfox99 vs @Eednud and @The Captain vs @Gman_1985 (why can't I tag him?)

Here's your question to answer by Monday lunchtime...How many MEPs are there in the European Parliament? Answers by PM.