The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

So it's time for the last EtADDJJT for a while. Two rounds of fiendishly difficult questions. It's @scotfree vs @WhiteRoseKillie in the final, but anyone is welcome to send me their answers as long as they don't mind me telling the world their score. Answers in by Monday lunchtime please.. then we can all concentrate on next month's big event (given all the lovely ladies that have been posted, we should really call it the Ride Her Cup).. Good luck!

Round 1

1. Which metal shares its name with the lowest portion of the front wall of a squash court?

2. The syrup grenadine, a common cocktail ingredient, is traditionally based on which fruit?

3. The Shard is built on top of which London railway terminus?

4. Which countrys president was awarded the 2016 Nobel Peace Prize?

Set of 3 - Moons

5. The vast majority of which planets moons are named after Shakespeare characters?

6. What term can refer to a second full moon in a calendar month?

7. What agriculturally-inspired term describes those moons whose gravity confines Saturns rings?

Set of 3 - Archvillains first names

8. What forename did Conan Doyle ascribe to Professor Moriarty?

9. What was the forename of Scaramanga, The Man with the Golden Gun?

10. As what is the Batman supervillain Oswald Cobblepot more usually known?

Round 2

1. Which country do the band The Gypsy Kings hail from?

2. Nicole of Nicola and Papa fame appeared in which film based on the exploits of Jack the Ripper?

3. Who originally wrote The female of the species is more deadly than the male?

4. Which country has won the FIFA Womens World Cup three times?

Set of 3 - Criminal Records - Who recorded the following from Channel 4s list of 100 worst records ever?

5. Touch Me (I want your body) ?

6. Saturday Night?

7. No Limit?

Set of 3 - Famous Quotes Who said them?

8. The trouble with Freud is that he never played the Glasgow Empire, Saturday night?

9. War is hell?

10. A man is only as old as the woman he feels?

BWV has set the bar in the cup. 

Although he's set it quite low. 6! It really is a bit of a stinker. 

Edit: BigBo10 has posted as 12. That's more like it. 

Just waiting for the following people in the league... @Helpma, @jagfox99, @Arabdownunder .. also missing scores from @madwullie and @Wilkinson1998 but their scores won't affect any promotion or relegation!

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

12 hours ago, Helpma said:

7/10.  Indonesian islands >> Japanese ones

Ninja post in the middle of the night 'cos I couldn't sleep -no doubt due to either too much or not enough booze

34 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

BWV has set the bar in the cup. 

Although he's set it quite low. 6! It really is a bit of a stinker. 

Just waiting for the following people in the league... @Helpma, @jagfox99, @Arabdownunder .. also missing scores from @madwullie and @Wilkinson1998 but their scores won't affect any promotion or relegation!

8/10 

Aye, I even remember you posting that. I'm a doofus! Oh well, you've avoided relegation!

A historical event, a quantum of success for this Hamiltonian. What an operator!

Holy shit! How the f**k did I end up in a final????

Because you didn't celebrate the State of Origin victory enough and sobered up too soon and my best was not as good as your bestest best. All the best in the Final and bring the etaDDJJ Trophy Down Under. [emoji481]

Hmmm. I've been thinking of how this Scotland vs RotW quiz is actual going to work. There's a fine line between making it different and making it too complicated! There are 5 weekends in July - so I was thinking of having 5 rounds .. with 1 (one) point going to Scotland or RoW each week to determine an overall winner (assuming no week is a draw). 

Now we can have ordinary rounds where everyone does a quiz and submits their score - then I take the average score (due to more Scotland than RoW players) to determine the winner. That bit is easy enough. 

But for the two-ball / four-ball questions (sorry, don't know golf terminology), I was planning on posting 10 / 5 quiz categories, then the Captain would allocate their players evenly among the categories. Each sub-team of 2 or 4 would then discuss the answers among themselves and submit a single set of answers, e.g. the scores would appear like this..

Foxy bints of the 1970s

Scotland (Tynieness and Alang1993) 7-5 RoW (The_Kincardine and AFJ) 

Japanese Islands

Scotland (Frankie S and Dee_62) 6-8 RoW (Bully Wee Villa and Eednud)

There's a a bit of work involved in all this which I'm happy with, but there's a bit of effort involved for everyone else, especially the captains. 

What do you think?

Bs22VoIIAAARb0I.jpg

Hmmm. I've been thinking of how this Scotland vs RotW quiz is actual going to work. There's a fine line between making it different and making it too complicated! There are 5 weekends in July - so I was thinking of having 5 rounds .. with 1 (one) point going to Scotland or RoW each week to determine an overall winner (assuming no week is a draw). 
Now we can have ordinary rounds where everyone does a quiz and submits their score - then I take the average score (due to more Scotland than RoW players) to determine the winner. That bit is easy enough. 
But for the two-ball / four-ball questions (sorry, don't know golf terminology), I was planning on posting 10 / 5 quiz categories, then the Captain would allocate their players evenly among the categories. Each sub-team of 2 or 4 would then discuss the answers among themselves and submit a single set of answers, e.g. the scores would appear like this..
Foxy bints of the 1970s
Scotland (Tynieness and Alang1993) 7-5 RoW (The_Kincardine and AFJ) 
Japanese Islands
Scotland (Frankie S and Dee_62) 6-8 RoW (Bully Wee Villa and Eednud)
There's a a bit of work involved in all this which I'm happy with, but there's a bit of effort involved for everyone else, especially the captains. 
What do you think?
Bs22VoIIAAARb0I.jpg

If it makes it any easier I'm moving out of Scotland a week on Monday.