Irregular public funding.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IRREGULAR PUBLIC FUNDING. I see the powers at be have notched up another first by rewarding a club from the lower leagues more tickets than one from the top division. UEFA must be told IMHO :huh:

Celtic are paying for everything, what is happening just now is phase 1 of the redevelopment around Celtic Park that will end up with a new Museum, Superstore, Ticket Office and Restaurant being built on the site of the old school, it has nothing to do with the Commonwealth Games.

news_3675.jpg

That layout looks quite good I hope they don't try to rip off the fans whoever they support when they visit if they get it right could be a nice we earner. Although it might lead to unrest if it is not manned properly zero tolerance needed. Start as you mean to go on I say.

That layout looks quite good I hope they don't try to rip off the fans whoever they support when they visit if they get it right could be a nice we earner. Although it might lead to unrest if it is not manned properly zero tolerance needed. Start as you mean to go on I say.

Tell us then you are getting nothing out of the Commonwealth games, and the new drive, motorway connection was all plannedplanned independently by Celtic.

I din't believe it you have been subsidised all the way. For how much?

Tell us then you are getting nothing out of the Commonwealth games, and the new drive, motorway connection was all planned independently by Celtic.

I don't believe it, you must have been subsidised all the way. For how much?

Tell us then you are getting nothing out of the Commonwealth games, and the new drive, motorway connection was all plannedplanned independently by Celtic.

I din't believe it you have been subsidised all the way. For how much?

Truth! be told, I don't have a clue as to the cost's (subsidised?) involved as to the planning that's down to G.D.C and I suppose some consultation with Celtic as they are the big fish in the area but I don't believe they (Celtic) made any decisions as to the roads/motorway junctions that's down to the planners.

What am I getting, well as a citizen of Glasgow I am getting a lot of infrastructure and facilities most of which was well overdue in that part of the city IMHO.

If you have a problem with the way the City Fathers have developed the East end of Glasgow I would be interested to see your alternative but It's a wee bit late for that as the deadline for objections is well past and the Games are fast approaching.

If you are suggesting that some impropriety has taken place where is your evidence and why has nobody brought it to the attention of the police or are you just angry that the area around Celtic Park is being redeveloped and Celtic F.C will be one of many beneficiaries of that.

I imagine the new road layout around the area is to provide better access and egress to the Emirates and Velodrome. Two new facilities that Glasgow hopes will attract world class events to the city. Having a dirt track leading up to these buildings wouldn't really be sufficent for the needs of these venues. It just so happens that they are right across from Celtic Park. Celtic don't get any financial benefit from it, there's just a better access road to and from the stadium now!

I imagine the new road layout around the area is to provide better access and egress to the Emirates and Velodrome. Two new facilities that Glasgow hopes will attract world class events to the city. Having a dirt track leading up to these buildings wouldn't really be sufficent for the needs of these venues. It just so happens that they are right across from Celtic Park. Celtic don't get any financial benefit from it, there's just a better access road to and from the stadium now!

Spot on!

Truth! be told, I don't have a clue as to the cost's (subsidised?) involved as to the planning that's down to G.D.C and I suppose some consultation with Celtic as they are the big fish in the area but I don't believe they (Celtic) made any decisions as to the roads/motorway junctions that's down to the planners.

What am I getting, well as a citizen of Glasgow I am getting a lot of infrastructure and facilities most of which was well overdue in that part of the city IMHO.

If you have a problem with the way the City Fathers have developed the East end of Glasgow I would be interested to see your alternative but It's a wee bit late for that as the deadline for objections is well past and the Games are fast approaching.

If you are suggesting that some impropriety has taken place where is your evidence and why has nobody brought it to the attention of the police or are you just angry that the area around Celtic Park is being redeveloped and Celtic F.C will be one of many beneficiaries of that.

I suppose all Celtic fans are like you shiltrum, "Truth! be told I don't have a clue etc". I was seeking to know where the finance for Celtics grand new entrance came from. I believe the origional 19th century pot hole ridden mess would need tarted up for these games all I want to know is how much is being provided by government and Glasgow..

Whatever way you look at the project, Celtic seem to have gained a few £million at the countrys expense. Someone out there must know who is paying for it, or have they all wheedled their way into the craft. Looks to me they fell in the Clyde and came up with a salmon in each pocket..

I suppose all Celtic fans are like you shiltrum, "Truth! be told I don't have a clue etc". I was seeking to know where the finance for Celtics grand new entrance came from. I believe the origional 19th century pot hole ridden mess would need tarted up for these games all I want to know is how much is being provided by government and Glasgow..

Whatever way you look at the project, Celtic seem to have gained a few £million at the countrys expense. Someone out there must know who is paying for it, or have they all wheedled their way into the craft. Looks to me they fell in the Clyde and came up with a salmon in each pocket..

Are you for real ? Your former incarnation of a club gained a few tens of millions (unpaid tax etc.) at the country's expense and managed to bag quite a few trophies by cheating as well.

Typical entitled Sevco poodle, you've got some neck.

So basically the east end shouldn't received any money to regenerate the area that so badly needs it because it might result in better transport links around Celtic park.

Links that don't include a improved rail system or the proposed Subway expansion that fell on its arse a few years back.

If Celtic are receiving "millions" from an already skint Glasgow City Council, I'm sure any Sevco fan can happily provide evidence of this (would be public record) and be able to put an exact figure on this "millions"

I await a reply

PS is Ibrox receiving any cash for the use of the stadium for the rugby 7s, Or are they letting it out free of charge with no conditions ie carry out infrastructure?

Craft? I assume you mean some sort of Magic Club or other omnipotent club or group that has huge influence over all major civil engineering projects in Glasgow.Look if it is that important to you get your MP/MSP to ask a question(s) in the House as to where the funding to regenerate that part of the East end came from, and why they selected that particular part or Glasgow to spend it in. Don't worry there will be other areas the length and breath of Scotland Glasgow being regenerated as well, it might even be in your area or near it you can ask your MP/MSP if he knows of any regeneration projects scheduled for your area.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loughal your post is below.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You suppose all Celtic fans are like me? I very much doubt it we are a very broad church indeed multicultural if you like. ;)

So basically the east end shouldn't received any money to regenerate the area that so badly needs it because it might result in better transport links around Celtic park.

Links that don't include a improved rail system or the proposed Subway expansion that fell on its arse a few years back.

If Celtic are receiving "millions" from an already skint Glasgow City Council, I'm sure any Sevco fan can happily provide evidence of this (would be public record) and be able to put an exact figure on this "millions"

I await a reply

PS is Ibrox receiving any cash for the use of the stadium for the rugby 7s, Or are they letting it out free of charge with no conditions ie carry out infrastructure?

I don't think he knows what he is talking about does he even have any idea of how big the area is and where the boundaries are and which communities benefit from this major regeneration of the east end of Glasgow. The area is HUGE he just comes across as being a weee bitty miffed that Celtic Park (paradise) happens to be there in the middle of it all.

I await a reply

The question I posted simply asked how much cash were Celtic getting for the total refurbishment of the London Road side. One claims Celtic are paying the lot, Another claims they are entitled to be paid, for the one day opening ceremoney. They are not entitled to the full very expensive amount that they solely will benefit from for another 100 years.

The introduction about Rangers being paid for the allocated Rugby games is like Celtic beiong paid for the opening ceremony. Both are due rent for the use of their ground.

No one is able to come up with a figure for the Parkhead refurbishment. You had an AGM in November, surely the costs relating to the massive 'London Road' scheme must have been discussed and priced. Unless of course there was nothing mentioned because the whole lot was being paid by Edinburgh and Glasgow..

Anyhow you Celtic guys just love to cast up Rangers recent woes given half a chance. Elsewhere I've been right into Murray Green Whyte and Gould for their demolition of Rangers. You seem to forget you were near in the same mess till the wee man with the bunnet from Croy, took a trip over from Montreal.

Celtic seem to have gained a few £million at the countrys expense.

Proof?

Can you give an exact figure on how many millions?

Are you against the works being carried out in the east end?

Proof?

Proof? Naw! Was just asking for guidence on this matter. You know how much it cost?

Proof?

Proof? Naw! Was just asking for guidence on this matter. You know how much it cost?

Are Rangers paying for any of the upgrades at Ibrox subway station, or on the subway network as a whole? Or are these improved transport links coming from irregular public funding?

The way some people carry on over this you would think Celtic are going to have the Emirates and velodrome handed over to them once the games are over.

It would be pretty awesome if that did happen, purely for the rage and "I telt ye it's that liewell n his dodgy land deals"

Archived